Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul AMAG

Actually I'd like to see Magpul make some Staccato 2011 base plates. I imagine those would sell okay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super77 View Post
    I don’t hate the idea, but they need to point out what these do better than OEM mags. Especially after burning memwith their Glock mags.
    Every all polymer Glock mag, including the original Glock factory mags suck.

Why do you think Glock went to metal lined mags and everyone, including HK went back to metal mags for polymer pistols ?

Now that Magpul is making an all metal mag there is at least the possibility of a metal lined Glock Pmag.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Next they should make some P365/XL/Macro mags that don't rust.
    Just about to come say this

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ETS mags suck.

Magpul moving into metal mags also opens up other possibilities. Mags for other platforms, a metal lined Glock Pmag….
    I'd take a Glock pmag made of Twizzlers as long as they worked better than the ones they're selling now

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I'd take a Glock pmag made of Twizzlersas long as they worked better than the ones they're selling now
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I don't think that is likely, and least with the U.S. Army. The biggest reason why SIG won (aside from over Glock, who wasn't even modular) was their ability to supply the whole package: guns, spares, magazines, and even ammunition. The Army didn't buy a gun, they bought a weapons system, and they clearly want one vendor be responsible for the whole instance. Unless Mecgar can worm into SIG's good graces and become their subcontractor (an American Mec-Gar so to speak), it's not going to happen, I think.

It may be possible with other armies of the world though.
    I agree, not likely anytime soon, but pretty sure SIG has already subcontracted out 'OEM' 320 magazine manufacture to Checkmate, Mec-Gar, and at least one other US manufacturer. And PMAGs are all over the US military...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I don't think that is likely, and least with the U.S. Army. The biggest reason why SIG won (aside from over Glock, who wasn't even modular) was their ability to supply the whole package: guns, spares, magazines, and even ammunition. The Army didn't buy a gun, they bought a weapons system, and they clearly want one vendor be responsible for the whole instance. Unless Mecgar can worm into SIG's good graces and become their subcontractor (an American Mec-Gar so to speak), it's not going to happen, I think.

It may be possible with other armies of the world though.

That was just a strategy by the Army to limit the number of contestants, because the list of companies that could fulfill those 'one stop shop' requirements was single digits.

Now that the guns are in service, all the peripherals are gonna be up for renegotiation.
    I mean the XM7 contract also required the applicants to supply a whole package, including optics, but the final optic chosen wasn't a Sig scope.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Next they should make some P365/XL/Macro mags that don't rust.
    Or some completely flush fitting Macro mags.

Rumor is the USA made 320 mags have cracking spines and bendy feed lips. The mags that came with my mine were italian

If they work reliably a 35.00 option wouldn’t be so bad.

User Tag List