Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Magpul TMAG30

New Magpul TMAG30

A translucent AR magazine form Magpul.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

NGL, that looks pretty rad. The ability to see round count is great, but I really like the idea of being able to check for 300blk, foreign objects or other problems. The white indicator paint is pretty slick too.

Wonder if they’re gonna offer translucent grips and stocks for matchy matchy (joking).
    Last edited by Super77; 01-15-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Hopefully 20s will follow.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

IIRC Magpul teased clear mags some years ago but they never came to market due to durability issues.

Interestingly enough I talked to Robert of Robert RTG about the clear AK mags from AC Unity. He said the clear mags are more durable because the polymer isn't polluted by dye or other impurities that may weaken the product.

In any case, I'm glad to see these. I'm sure they will be quit popular.

Oh. And also the bad guy will be able to see how much ammo you have left....

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Looks like it's made from polycarbonate instead of polyamide (nylon)? Similar to Lancer, but without the metal feed lips.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I switched over to Lancer years ago. I've been really happy with them.

I wouldn't go back to PMAGS unless they made some other functional improvements

Anyone here tested the ETS clear mags? How do they hold up?

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Oh. And also the bad guy will be able to see how much ammo you have left....
    It's been getting AUG users killed in the streets since 1977.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Anyone here tested the ETS clear mags? How do they hold up?
    What I've been told is that the polyethersulfones that ETS uses are too soft, and have durability issues due to how grit can wear them down. I've also been told that the translucent Lancers use a polycarbonate that has impact modifiers and a chemical-resistant coating to deal with solvents and plasticizers, which means less surface hardness compared to standard polycarbonate, and the coating degrades over time.

I switched over to Lancers so that I could see the rounds remaining in the mag. I will be giving these a try.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List