Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low internal profile MLOK fingerstops?

How about a long MLOK Picatinny rail like this one, plus a picatinny finger stop?

https://grovtec.com/products/m-lok-p...nt=50151483732

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    How about a long MLOK Picatinny rail like this one, plus a picatinny finger stop?

https://grovtec.com/products/m-lok-p...nt=50151483732
    The issue with the SIG 8” rail is internal clearance - the nuts won’t clear. There is little enough clearance between the bare rail and the can that I’m worried about thermal management. I was using a shorter rail for testing and am now working on the tucked configuration, I’m thinking the larger diameter MI handguard will deal with both issues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Apologies for turning this into a personal blog with my belly button gazing.

This morning over coffee I took a fresh look at the problem, and I think I can accomplish this with the SIG rail by staying behind the rear of the can. There’s enough had space there if I am careful and creative. My issue was from trying to push rail attachments too far forward.

I was able to cancel the MI handguard order, and will keep playing tinkertoys with the various rail covers and handstops that I have. My thought is to leave the rail uncovered over the can to manage thermal issues.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 03-04-2024 at 09:55 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

2 things to think about if you haven't already:

1. Barrel whip may not be enough on that short 9mm barrel to matter, but I've seen it on a 5.56 setup like that where the can was contacting the rail when fired and throwing shots.
    2. Keeping your hand behind the can may be a good idea anyway. Same thing (5.56) but the can came loose and fragged some spall into the dude's hand.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Oh, man - this ended up costing as much as a new rail with cheap covers. What I found worked best were Railscales panels and their QTR handstop that is sized for the MPX rail profile.
    Ken

I think what MichaelD was suggesting might work… if you get a long pic rail but only secure it with only the first 1-2 mlok slots, and use the slots under your can unused. Then you could add whatever pic accessory to the pic rail

Finis. Just fling money at the problem until it’s quiet. Everything is well behind the back of the can.

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  50.1 KB

Man, I love Railscales stuff…
    Ken

User Tag List