Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low internal profile MLOK fingerstops?

Low internal profile MLOK fingerstops?

I have a MPX with a spare longer handguard that my YHM R9 just clears. I’d like to put a fingerstop on the handguard because I like the continued ability of picking my nose. A normal MLOK attachment doesn’t work, there isn’t enough clearance.

Is anyone aware of a low profile fingerstop that clips in without the MLOK cam? Something that attaches like a press on rail cover would be perfect. It doesn’t need to be solid enough to use as a barricade stop, just something to act as a speedbump.

Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hit up JCN on the DL. He can probably take a handstop and epoxy/screw it to a section of rail cover. Then again, you probably could, too. If you used a fairly long section of rail cover it should be pretty secure. Know anyone with a 3d printer?

Bumping up to see if anyone else knows of a premade solution - I don’t need a full barricade stop sized thing, just a speed bump. This is the clearance issue I’m up against:

Name:  IMG_0031.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  28.1 KB

I may end up using epoxy to attach a finger stop to the handguard…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

This is fugly and looks uncomfortably tall but looking at the concept, could a longer handstop such as this be used and only attach to the rear MLOK points behind the can?

https://www.totalwartactical.com/pro...-support-grip/

Or, á la JCN…the lowest-profile MLOK cantilever Surefire Scout mount you can find, attached behind the can, then a screw (8x32 is the Surefire spec I believe), a nut to hold it on then a rubber grommet over the nut to protect your finger?

How far back does the can go?
    Might you be able to do this simple Magpul, with the two rear most M-lok screws attaching it and locating it, and screw the front part (I have the bigger hook out front on my AR pistol) to itself, but align the nuts so the fit into the slot, maybe ground down thinner if need be. If needed a dab of RTV would hold it up against the bottom of the handguard?

Name:  MP.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  41.1 KB

If it turned into a turd of an idea they are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    This is fugly and looks uncomfortably tall but looking at the concept, could a longer handstop such as this be used and only attach to the rear MLOK points behind the can?

https://www.totalwartactical.com/pro...-support-grip/

Or, á la JCN…the lowest-profile MLOK cantilever Surefire Scout mount you can find, attached behind the can, then a screw (8x32 is the Surefire spec I believe), a nut to hold it on then a rubber grommet over the nut to protect your finger?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    How far back does the can go?
    Might you be able to do this simple Magpul, with the two rear most M-lok screws attaching it and locating it, and screw the front part (I have the bigger hook out front on my AR pistol) to itself, but align the nuts so the fit into the slot, maybe ground down thinner if need be. If needed a dab of RTV would hold it up against the bottom of the handguard?

Name:  MP.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  41.1 KB

If it turned into a turd of an idea they are cheap.
    You guys are onto something here. This is the bottom of the HG showing the back end of the can:

Name:  IMG_0034.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  51.8 KB

I’ll start looking at options. Thank you!
    Ken

I went ahead and ordered the MagPul kit and a few of the same series MLOK covers. I was no more than two minutes from cutting down and epoxying an aluminum handstop when I saw your suggestions…
    Ken

Change of plans. I realized there was minimal clearance between push-in type rail covers and the can, so I’m taking the path of least resistance - a slightly larger diameter rail. Let’s see how that works.

The MagPul handstop won’t work without all the bolts unless you start gluing things together. I have another rifle it will work well on, though.
    Ken

Arisaka makes a couple. I'm not sure if they would clear.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Arisaka makes a couple. I'm not sure if they would clear.
    There is no clearance in the SIG handguard at all. The MI one I ordered is considerably larger in diameter.
    Ken

User Tag List