Thread: Jo-El Sonnier, RIP

Site Supporter

Jo-El Sonnier, RIP

If you're not from south Louisiana, you probably never heard of him. Still, Cajun French musicians and performers are becoming fewer as the French-speaking population dies off and the kids lose interest.

"Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

One of the unexpected pleasures of working and living for a few months in New Orleans back in the late 80s was that the local university radio had a Sunday afternoon show that was an hour of nothing but old classic Cajun music. I don't think that I would hear more than 2 minutes of English the whole hour.

I can still remember cruising Lakeshore Drive listening to that wonderful music.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    If you're not from south Louisiana, you probably never heard of him. Still, Cajun French musicians and performers are becoming fewer as the French-speaking population dies off and the kids lose interest.

I remember him and his music and am very sad to hear he has passed. His rendition of "Jolie Blon" is one of his very best.

User Tag List