Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P-F.com Useful Target Thread

This B-8 target by @stomridertx is one of the most used in my collection I've snagged off the web. I like the 1" grid overlay as well.

Pistol B-8 Scoring Bullseye.pdf

Re: staple-less attachment, I've been using a roll of 1" blue painters tape I pick up at Harbor Freight to attach my printer-size targets to the single large range target I buy ($1) from the counter guy.

Name:  IMG_1247.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  32.1 KB

I keep a supply of stick on dots in 2” and 3” sizes so I can just add them as needed to whatever target I might be using. They’re good for either pistol or rifle shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I'm also a fan of spray glue. I also use it at work, instead of staples, to hang paper targets on the cardboard backers.
    Paper grocery bags are the same color as IPSC and IDPA targets. Once you get a bunch of holes in the middle, cut a piece of grocery bag big enough to cover it, then stick it on there with spray glue.

Way faster than pasting individual bullet holes and you get a lot more miles out of cardboard targets that way.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I'm also a fan of spray glue.
    My wife owns/operates a small business that does wide format printing, so she has several five foot wide ink jet roll feed printers, and they frequently discard short rolls of adhesive backed material that are impractical to do another project on.
    Hmmmm.....

i'm biased:

The TxT Target named in honor of Tom Givens and TLG.

Name:  TxT-22850-676x1024.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  21.8 KB

FPS-1 Target

FPS-2 Target

FPS-3 Target

I find myself using the FPS-3 more and more.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

B-8 Targets and USPSA Cardboard silhouettes are my favorite things, but logistically the USPSA targets are a bit expensive to ship. The range I shoot at and work at has sort of a proprietary target stand system designed for paper, which is what prompted me to get into my hobby of designing my own print at home targets. At first, I was doing too much and putting random variations of shit in the printable target thread and flooded too much on there. Now, I've focused on trying to actually put useful stuff like refined zero targets and the aforementioned NRA bullseyes with a measuring grid on it, something I feel is at least a little bit innovative.
    I've come up with a system where large targets can be printed from piece-together letter sized sheets, but there is a bit of work involved. The margins need trimming, which I accomplished by adding outlines to make it easy with a paper cutter used on the whole stack at once. It makes them easily portable and easy to do with good ole' 3m Super 77 spray glue. I use my own silhouette design quite a bit these days, and the goal of my end product is the following:
    - Easy on toner or ink
    - Easy to see at distance
    - Useful zones for tactical training that is not too cluttered
    - Good use of space
    - avoiding telling the user what to write and just have space for notes
    This is what I'm playing with these days, but I'm not ready to put this out in the wild for download yet. The anatomy part is a bit more than novelty, it provides a light fill that makes the target easier to see at further distances rather than doing dark color outer fill that takes a lot of toner. I have no clue how the target printing business works so I doubt I'll ever be able to monetize anything I make, and I'm skeptical that the majority of shooters are patient enough to piece targets together like I do.

Name:  CNStargetfront.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  56.6 KB

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:  CNStargetside.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    B-8 Targets and USPSA Cardboard silhouettes are my favorite things, but logistically the USPSA targets are a bit expensive to ship. The range I shoot at and work at has sort of a proprietary target stand system designed for paper, which is what prompted me to get into my hobby of designing my own print at home targets. At first, I was doing too much and putting random variations of shit in the printable target thread and flooded too much on there. Now, I've focused on trying to actually put useful stuff like refined zero targets and the aforementioned NRA bullseyes with a measuring grid on it, something I feel is at least a little bit innovative.
    I've come up with a system where large targets can be printed from piece-together letter sized sheets, but there is a bit of work involved. The margins need trimming, which I accomplished by adding outlines to make it easy with a paper cutter used on the whole stack at once. It makes them easily portable and easy to do with good ole' 3m Super 77 spray glue. I use my own silhouette design quite a bit these days, and the goal of my end product is the following:
    - Easy on toner or ink
    - Easy to see at distance
    - Useful zones for tactical training that is not too cluttered
    - Good use of space
    - avoiding telling the user what to write and just have space for notes
    This is what I'm playing with these days, but I'm not ready to put this out in the wild for download yet. The anatomy part is a bit more than novelty, it provides a light fill that makes the target easier to see at further distances rather than doing dark color outer fill that takes a lot of toner. I have no clue how the target printing business works so I doubt I'll ever be able to monetize anything I make, and I'm skeptical that the majority of shooters are patient enough to piece targets together like I do.

Nice target. Let us know when you’re ready to sell it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Lets not forget the founder's multi-use target:
    https://www.nationaltarget.com/product/q-pt/

Name:  Q-PT.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  22.0 KB

User Tag List