Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold was it?

Glad we're missing out on this in the SLC area...

Name:  Screenshot_20240114_114835_Weather.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  21.5 KB

Middleton, ID. Had 6" of snow overnight. More on the way. This is a bit of snow for this area although the "old timers" always tell me that the old days so colder temps and more snow. Mid-teens seem almost comfortable now with thermal underwear and such. Hands are a different matter. I need to buy some pipe insulation for my snow shovel and manure cart handles.
    Name:  WXR.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  35.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Low of 38, high of 66 today. Early last week sucked, I don’t like cold and I live in Arizona because of that. But compared to some of the temps y’all are posting, last week was pretty okay and I’m going to keep such complaints mostly to myself.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I know the area. We used to hunt deer on Mingus Mt. just up the road. Jerome was an interesting place in the 70's. Hippies took over the old ghost town. Not sure what it's like today. Bisbee was revived by tourists and hippies in the 80's. Thriving today. Some good eats and mining history there.
    Hippies and tourists still all over in Bisbee, but it’s a fun place to run around in. Tombstone is more mostly tourists.

Currently 15*F, feels like 0*F.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Hippies and tourists still all over in Bisbee, but it’s a fun place to run around in. Tombstone is more mostly tourists.
    Tombstone's pretty meh. Dodge City does touristy better. Lincoln, NM does historical better. Bisbee was pretty cool though. Tangential to Bisbee, if I had the money I'd so own these:

Bisbee Bisleys

Staying on thread: 46 degrees low and 56 degrees high yesterday but in defense of our regional weather badness it was really rainy all week...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

KC football game was so cold last night the beer was freezing https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/01/3-m...-it-really-was

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    KC football game was so cold last night the beer was freezing https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/01/3-m...-it-really-was
    I watched the highlights. Coldest game ever played in that stadium, so they said. So cold even kicking field goals and passing were harder due to ball pressure dropping substantially.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Thirties and Forties in California, my old place in NE Washington that was only effectively heated by wood - -15 lows plus wind chill. Happy I got out.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Tombstone's pretty meh. Dodge City does touristy better. Lincoln, NM does historical better. Bisbee was pretty cool though. Tangential to Bisbee, if I had the money I'd so own these:

Bisbee Bisleys

Staying on thread: 46 degrees low and 56 degrees high yesterday but in defense of our regional weather badness it was really rainy all week...
    When I had crappy days off I drove down to Tombstone one day and stayed in a motel there. I did some touristy things then I walked to the Crystal Palace and Big Nose Kate’s for beer. I was the only one at the Crystal Palace. The bartender thought I was from Fort Huachuca probably because of my haircut. Big Nose Kates is where the locals drink. There were more people there. It was a dark, cold, windy night when I walked back to my hotel. It was the kind of night when you could feel the history. Good times!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List