Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold was it?

How cold was it?

I thought I would start a thread about the unusual cold weather across the US.

LL reported -23° in Sheridan WY.

We had a low of 11° yesterday. Usually around 35°. No snow, thankfully.

So how cold was it where you are?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

It was 57 yesterday AM. Last night it dropped to 30. Projected high today is 43. Currently 35 outside my window.

NWS Forecast Highs and Lows for Meriden, Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK):

Tonight 16

Monday 31 - 20
    Tuesday 28 - 17
    Wednesday 30 - 18
    Thursday 31 - 22
    Friday 32 - 19

-20F still air temp when I got up this AM here in east central Nebraska. -40F wind chill. Supposed to get all the way up to -7 today.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    -20F still air temp when I got up this AM here in east central Nebraska. -40F wind chill. Supposed to get all the way up to -7 today.
    Yep, same thing over in east central Iowa. Wind chill forecasted to be as low as -45, was -41 when I had to get up and take the dog out. Actual temp is -17 but gets to -21 tomorrow.

We also still have bad road conditions with the wind blowing around all the snow we got last week.

Name:  Cold.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  19.0 KB

My water is frozen, pipes broken under the cabin, water heater might be toast. Im leaving it all til spring.

Really planning to never ever have to see temps like this again. Ill be gone for the winter to Arizona next winter, one way or another.

Like this https://www.weatherforyou.com/report...it=Get+Weather
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    The local weather station I help manage recorded a low reading of 11.7F this morning...
    Currently reporting a balmy 12.3F.... North side of FTW @0938
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

When I walked the dog this morning, -2 with a -23 windchill. Older Offspring consoled me by saying it's 80 in Costa Rica, with a dewpoint of 72.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

At least it ain't raining...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The front passes through here today, the cold comes in tomorrow, and the low Tuesday with wind chill will be 10. In south effin' Louisiana.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    At least it ain't raining...
    I've been watching the flooding in New Jersey this past week, and it still looks like the Passaic River is still above flood stage. I'm interested to see what happens when this cold front hits New Jersey.

User Tag List