Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How cold was it?

-3 currently, with a windchill down to as much as -30. It wasn't much fun to run around in yesterday, but at least it’s better than chez Malamute.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Wait, we get to count wind chill?

27 below, 15-20 mph breeze, 55-60-ish below.

F this BS.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Bellingham Warshington was around -10 with wind chill Friday (cra sht for the PNW)

Hutchinson KS was - 4 when I got up to take the dogs out. Currently + 1. Don't know what the wind chill is.

When I was a youngster doing morning paper routes my dad would take me around if it was below zero; I hauled both of my boys around when it got below freezing, I remember freezing my ass off.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

At the risk of being lynched it’s 59 here now and sunny. High is 63 today low of 39 tonight. This is the repayment for the summer.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Wunderground says that the low was minus 8 at the local airport yesterday in SE Washington. My porch thermometer showed it was definitely below zero at my house in town.

Name:  IMG_1693.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  40.4 KB

Right now it is about 11, which feels quite a bit less likely to kill me.

It could be worse (Pullman WA or Moscow Idaho, for example)... but I don't really like it. It was a good day to get a netflix subscription.

Thanks to the lake we are still above zero, about 3 degrees, the problem is the wind and the drifting. This is the only time I don't like living in the country with a 400 ft driveway. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Amazon to not attempt delivery?

I guess I could add, these aren't unusual temps for us for January. They are however below average and unwelcome.
    Last edited by MVS; 01-14-2024 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Thanks to the lake we are still above zero, about 3 degrees, the problem is the wind and the drifting. This is the only time I don't like living in the country with a 400 ft driveway. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell Amazon to to attempt delivery?
    Just mush your dog team down and meet them.

or snow machine, or whatever...
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

-8 F last night, wind chills to -30 F

Currently -2 F, wind child to -20 in the People’s Republic of Pig’s Eye.

The hound siblings are not amused.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Attachment 113908

My water is frozen, pipes broken under the cabin, water heater might be toast. Im leaving it all til spring.

Really planning to never ever have to see temps like this again. Ill be gone for the winter to Arizona next winter, one way or another.

Like this https://www.weatherforyou.com/report...it=Get+Weather
    I know the area. We used to hunt deer on Mingus Mt. just up the road. Jerome was an interesting place in the 70's. Hippies took over the old ghost town. Not sure what it's like today. Bisbee was revived by tourists and hippies in the 80's. Thriving today. Some good eats and mining history there.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List