Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UBERTI 1873 TRAPPER CARBINE your thoughts?

UBERTI 1873 TRAPPER CARBINE your thoughts?

UBERTI 1873 TRAPPER CARBINE, 16", 357 mag.

I have been thinking about getting the above rifle but will have to order online without being able to put my hands on one.

What are your thoughts of the rifle?

Pics of yours?

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post

I have been thinking about getting the above rifle but will have to order online without being able to put my hands on one.

Pics of yours?

Awaiting eye candy...

Name:  3BF261C1-DC59-4B14-924C-8348DC37A5F8.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  28.2 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Mine has been sold since I exited the sport but I ran one in cowboy action shooting for years and it was a great gun. When you get a short stroke kit and tune it for SASS competition the timing can become sensitive, but using the factory parts, which I converted it back to for NCOWS competition it was very smooth and ran well. I would tell you about relative accuracy but I have no idea. Those are steel only sports and aside from zero'ing it I never punched paper with it. I ran 125gr cast bullets the whole time and those may not be the most accurate choice.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Following with interest.

What's the best closed emitter red dot choice for one and does it take Glock mags?

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Why a 73? CAS in your future? Seems that most of the clones are 73's lately. I guess that has to do with the 73 Winchester, the rifle that won the west.

I went down that rabbit hole. Lot s of 73 clones for sale. Might be the choice for a .357 as not too many 92's and 94's are being made in .357. I'm still looking for a 92.

If you're just looking for carbine and you don't plan to put an optic on it, just buy it with a credit card, in case there are obvious flaws in workmanship, and enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with an Italian clone. Most people are satisfied with those.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-13-2024 at 10:17 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Following with interest.

What's the best closed emitter red dot choice for one and does it take Glock mags?

Ah Jeez. Real cowboys don't care about that shit.

I think you may get a ticket if you keep poking fun at the P-F rank and file.

Mods?
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-13-2024 at 10:13 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I had a Uberti '73 Spaghettichester for years, in 45 Colt. Never should have gotten rid of it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Had a Marlin JM and sold it, now wanting a good looking, smooth, .357 all around rifle, maybe CAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Why a 73? CAS in your future? Seems that most of the clones are 73's lately. I guess that has to do with the 73 Winchester, the rifle that won the west.

I went down that rabbit hole. Lot s of 73 clones for sale. Might be the choice for a .357 as not too many 92's and 94's are being made in .357. I'm still looking for a 92.

If you're just looking for carbine and you don't plan to put an optic on it, just buy it with a credit card, in case there are obvious flaws in workmanship, and enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with an Italian clone. Most people are satisfied with those.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post

Pics of yours?

I think it would be a good item to have. They seem pretty popular with the cowboy action people, with few real issues.

I have one of the Miroku Winchester carbines in 357, I really like it. Its in the rack above my desk at the moment.

Name:  73-6.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  34.8 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Could you explain the "few real issues"?

Is a Miroku Winchester in .357 better?

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I think it would be a good item to have. They seem pretty popular with the cowboy action people, with few real issues.

I have one of the Miroku Winchester carbines in 357, I really like it. Its in the rack above my desk at the moment.

Name:  73-6.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  34.8 KB

User Tag List