Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UBERTI 1873 TRAPPER CARBINE your thoughts?

So the best lever action ,357 mag rifle for possible cowboy action but just for general shooting and maybe a hog or two?

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    So the best lever action ,357 mag rifle for possible cowboy action but just for general shooting and maybe a hog or two?
    How do you define best? Is a budget consideration involved? Do you have personal preferences about any particular make or model? Does blue or stainless matter?

I think for most people just about any of them would work. Im biased, partly by personal experiences and partly by personal preferences in looks, maker/type, history, and perceived functional considerations. Others with experience come to different conclusions.

Theres probably some that may be "better" choices, but probably about anything will work. I dont know if the Henry made guns are cowboy action compatible, but pretty much everything else is.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I have had a Marlin and it had issues. I can't find a Henry. Blue or stainless does not matter, budget 1-1400.00. Something reliable and void of the issues I had in the past.

User Tag List