Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Glock 21 Gen 5 w/ C&H Duty RDO. Very Impressed.

I just noticed that the close up pic of the target was not up on the post above. Don't know how that happened.

Oops.

I have noted that the paper plates and the big white center make it easier to keep groups centered at longer distances. This is not a great group, and not really indicative (at all) of what the gun can do, but as far as a visual aid, the big white circle definitely helps at longer distances.

weight comparison of interest.

Some may find this of interest.

I weighed a 1911 with an 8 round mag +1 round. I used my 250 grain hard cast +P ammo.

The 1911 with the 9 rounds weighed 2# 15 oz.

The Glock 21.5 complete with C&H red dot, and an extended, 17 round mag +1 round, total 18 rounds, weighed 2# 13.5 oz.

So you get literally twice the ammo, plus an RDO, and it still weight 1.5 oz less.

Glock 21 Gen 5 with CH RDO. More shooting.

I took the G21.5 out yesterday when I shot the 432 UC.

Had some test loads to run through it. I have been working on development of a +P 250 with a polymer coated projectile. The load I am using ran really well through the G21.5 and using the CH Duty optic made shooting it a breeze.

I had a 5" 1911 along to test and compare for ammo reliability as well as velocity testing. The ammo ran great in both guns. The felt recoil difference was significant between the two, with the G21 having good bit softer recoil.

It also LOVED the hot loads. It seems (to a degree ) that the warmer loads shoot extremely well in terms of accuracy, and the heavy recoil spring just does a great job of absorbing the felt recoil

There are some .45 cal holes on this target that were from my 1911. They are marked with a green pen. They were shot through a chrono and not really indicative of the accuracy of the load as I was really just trying to get numbers.

The group above though is at 25 yards.

The G21 definitely printed high as compared to what it was zero' ed for, but just stacked them into a nice neat cluster.

This poly coated 250 is averaging 991 from a 5" 1911 and 964 from the G21.

I have to do some more testing on it, but it looks very promising for a field load, and it seems like a natural for the G21.5.

The Marksman barrel definitely likes it.

I'm sticking with iron sights on my G21 (Gen 3), G22/31 (Gen4) and G23 (Gen5), but have RDS on my G19 (Gen3/ DeltaPoint Micro) and G17 (Gen 3/ Monstrum).

I like RDS particularly for medium- to longer-range shots, but think there's not particular advantages with them for shorter range shooting.

Additionally, all 3 RDS that I've had on handguns have gone on the fritz in operational use, and I'm not beating them up. In my opinion, BUIS are an absolute must for handguns with a RDS; that said, the Leupold DeltaPoint Micro on the G19 serves as it's own backup, and it uses the OEM front sight, and in effect simply becomes a ghost ring sight if the dot dies-and my experience with RDS has established in my mind that it's not an "if" the RDS will die, but a "when."

An yeah, that means there's a concurrent responsibility to zero with both the RDS and the irons....

This is obviously exceptionally critical if you're using your gun with an RDS defensively or for duty.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Looking forward to shooting some more of the heavy Poly Coated 250s again. They show a lot of promise. Need to put a good number of them through a few different guns, but through a Glock was a big criteria for me (for it to be "Glock approved" so to speak).

User Tag List