Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 21 Gen 5 w/ C&H Duty RDO. Very Impressed.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I had a Gen 3 G21 for a while - sold it when I got out of .45 (more or less). Could see myself buying a Gen 5 at some point down the line, but i am done buying firearms for a long while. They are great guns.

I'm really liking the Gen5 21. It's been surprisingly soft shooting and very accurate with Winchester 185 gr FMJ (USA45A).

Name:  G21.5.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  45.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    LR, you and GJM are costing me Gen5 money....my Gen5 G23 is just finishing it's shakedown cruise, and, as you, I've been exceptionally pleased with my "big butt" Gen 3 G21. My caveat with the Gen 3 is that while it's probably my most mechanically accurate Glock, it's also the most difficult one for me to naturally shoot, unless there's a period of significant dedication to it.

You're slowly easing me into the Gen5 G21 realm. I probably should rent one and shoot it side-by-side with the Gen 3.

Best, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    I'm really liking the Gen5 21. It's been surprisingly soft shooting and very accurate with Winchester 185 gr FMJ (USA45A).

Name:  G21.5.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  45.1 KB
    The Gen 3s have always been superbly accurate. Based on what I have read, other's reports, my own initial shooting, along with talking with a number of folks that the Gen 5s are even more accurate.

As Lyonsgrid mentioned, they are quite soft shooting. I forgot to mention that in my initial report. I was quite surprised at how soft the recoil was with full power loads. Pretty obvious that the dual recoil spring setup is helping to mitigate recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Could see myself buying a Gen 5 at some point down the line, but i am done buying firearms for a long while.
    Have you looked in the mirror lately? You really should see a Doctor...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Have you looked in the mirror lately? You really should see a Doctor...
    Haha. I am so busy that I don't shoot that much these days - some of it is my fault for not making it a higher priority.

I also already own plenty of guns. A Glock 21 would be cool, but after gun, optic, plate, ammo, holsters, etc, would be a couple thousand dollar expense that I just dont need to indulge at this time.

Planning on starting a family in the next year or two so I have been aggressively saving/paying down any outstanding debts. Glock 21 might come later when I am done with training and earning real surgeon money (even that is not quite what it used to be!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    The Gen 3s have always been superbly accurate. Based on what I have read, other's reports, my own initial shooting, along with talking with a number of folks that the Gen 5s are even more accurate.

As Lyonsgrid mentioned, they are quite soft shooting. I forgot to mention that in my initial report. I was quite surprised at how soft the recoil was with full power loads. Pretty obvious that the dual recoil spring setup is helping to mitigate recoil.
    You're not helping....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    You're not helping....

Best, Jon
    The recoil spring in the Gen 5 does feel a little heavier weight than previous generations, but that could just be in my head. Subjectively, the Gen 5's feel like they have less recoil/muzzle flip than my Gen 4's, and the Gen 4's felt like they had less than the Gen 3's.

Controllability is about like a 9mm +P (with standard pressure 230gr HST), with the cost being a much chunkier gun. I love it.

In rapid fire, for some reason I'm able to tell where the shots are going to go before I even confirm the sights back on target. Not sure what that's called but I've heard of it before. Results are a big ragged hole in rapid fire strings. I am able to have better control over the gun vs a G17 or G19, I suspect because of the larger grip and overall larger size of the gun. And I don't have huge hands.

You're not helping either! Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

I'm hoping that my Glock 21 SF will suffice for a bit longer.

This is p-f, "suffice" is a relative term.... More seriously, while there's absolutely nothing wrong with my Gen 3 G21, if a Gen5 is just as accurate and easier/more natural to shoot, I'll give it a hard look. Particularly if I win a GSSF gun certificate in 2024. Regardless, my Gen 3 is going nowhere, as it's too good and fully vetted. Best, Jon
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List