Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 21 Gen 5 w/ C&H Duty RDO. Very Impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    You're not helping....

Best, Jon

I AM helping!

I am saving you money! You could end up buying various .45s, including 1911s, only to realize that none are as accurate or as reliable as a bone stock G 21!

And it is good for the economy, and that is good for America!

See, I am helping!

You and GJM need to start a consulting LLC...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

How is holster compatability between the Gen 5 and previous generations? I had a Gen 3 years ago but sold it to fund a Browning Hi-Power. I held onto some support gear including a holster.

I'm definitely interested in a Gen 5. It would be more tempting if I wasn't completely starting from scratch with gear.
    Last edited by MRW; 01-14-2024 at 09:06 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I AM helping!

I am saving you money! You could end up buying various .45s, including 1911s, only to realize that none are as accurate or as reliable as a bone stock G 21!

And it is good for the economy, and that is good for America!

See, I am helping!

Name:  not helping cat.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  34.2 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    How is holster compatability between the Gen 5 and previous generations? I had a Gen 3 years ago but sold it to fund a Browning Hi-Power. I held onto some support gear including a holster.

I'm definitely interested in a Gen 5. It would be more tempting if I was completely starting from scratch with gear.
    There are so many holsters that it may be hard to say from maker to maker. I do know that my Milt Sparks 55BN that was built for my Gen 3, fits my Gen 5 w/o optic. I am having a Summer Special made up for the G21.5 that will accommodate the C&H Duty RDO. As soon as I handled that gun with the RDO, I knew I was going to carry it a lot, so a call was made.

I AM helping!....d it is good for the economy, and that is good for America!
    Not to mention being good for Kathyrin's upcoming pre-transaction valuation....buy now! (or at least by the end of Q1, or however long probate takes in Austria)

Name:  kathryin glock.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  15.2 KB
    Last edited by fatdog; 01-14-2024 at 09:22 PM.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Thoughts on a G5 21 vs a G5 22/23 as a launcher of penetrator field loads?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'd be thinking the G21.45 for hard cast, the G22/G23 .40 for the Xtreme Penetrators-but you guys both have far more experience than I, so I'll cheerfully defer to the adults in the room. Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thoughts on a G5 21 vs a G5 22/23 as a launcher of penetrator field loads?
    This thread and a couple others have me wondering about the difference in the recoil between the 40 and 45. I have some of the 170 grain 40s but haven’t shot any yet. These threads have me seriously considering getting a M&P45, especially if it might be more controllable than the 40.

There are so many holsters that it may be hard to say from maker to maker. I do know that my Milt Sparks 55BN that was built for my Gen 3, fits my Gen 5 w/o optic. I am having a Summer Special made up for the G21.5 that will accommodate the C&H Duty RDO. As soon as I handled that gun with the RDO, I knew I was going to carry it a lot, so a call was made.
    Lost River:

I didn't realize that our good friends at Milt Sparks can cut a Summer Special for an optically sighted Glock 21. That suggests I give them a call to see if they can do up a Summer Special 2 for a dot sighted Hi Power.

Another advantage for the Glocks is that in truly cold weather, they seem to be less painful to handle. I spent just short of two hours clearing my driveway of snow yesterday. Temps were about -10 degrees F. I was carrying a stainless Colt Competition in a 1AT under my over parka, and it was truly cold when I took it off when I went inside for a cup of tea. I should have grabbed a photo but it was too damn cold to monkey around with a camera yesterday.

Stay warm, brother!

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

User Tag List