Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glock 21 Gen 5 Reports (Also weird jam with mine)

@SwampDweller

Sorry to hear about your Gen 5 21s functioning problems. Ammo is definitely too expensive to vet them even if you sent them back to Glock. That problem and fix will eventually come to light, but that time has not yet come. Don't blame you one bit for selling them. It would be hard to put one's faith in either one of them as a self-defense pistol

I have a Glock 21SF gen 3. The only complaint I have about it is the slippery grip. I know I could put tape on the grip but I went a different direction. I'm waiting for my 21 gen 4 to hit my FFL Monday. I have a gen 4 20 in 10mm. I like the improved grip texture and larger mag release button. For me, the gen 4 20 with no backstrap added feels slightly better in the hand than the 21SF. From what I've read, the gen 4 20/21 with no added backstrap supposedly has the same grip dimensions as the 21SF. I just prefer the gen 4 to the 21SF basically for the improved grip texture and larger magazine button. If you can, check out the grip on the 21SF before buying. Also, as a point of reference, I like the grip texture on the M&P 2.0 as well. My M&P 1.0 has a slippery grip texture which was fixed by the 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Gen 5 21s functioning problems. Ammo is definitely too expensive to vet them even if you sent them back to Glock. That problem and fix will eventually come to light, but that time has not yet come. Don't blame you one bit for selling them. It would be hard to put one's faith in either one of them as a self-defense pistol

I have a Glock 21SF gen 3. The only complaint I have about it is the slippery grip. I know I could put tape on the grip but I went a different direction. I'm waiting for my 21 gen 4 to hit my FFL Monday. I have a gen 4 20 in 10mm. I like the improved grip texture and larger mag release button. For me, the gen 4 20 with no backstrap added feels slightly better in the hand than the 21SF. From what I've read, the gen 4 20/21 with no added backstrap supposedly has the same grip dimensions as the 21SF. I just prefer the gen 4 to the 21SF basically for the improved grip texture and larger magazine button. If you can, check out the grip on the 21SF before buying. Also, as a point of reference, I like the grip texture on the M&P 2.0 as well. My M&P 1.0 has a slippery grip texture which was fixed by the 2.0.
    Thanks. Part of me feels silly for selling them, but as you said, ammo is too expensive to vet them even if I send them back to get fixed. Meanwhile I have three G21 gen 4's that have been 100% reliable for thousands of rounds each.

You're right on the G21SF having a slippery grip. I've owned a couple of them in the past that I always ended up trading or selling for one reason or another (had nothing to do with the gun, they were all reliable and accurate). If I do get one, I'll likely put Talon Grips of some sort on it.

As stated earlier, the reason I'm considering a 21SF is because I suspect the 21 Gen 4 will be discontinued at some point, while the Gen 3 SF and Gen 5 will continue on. I'd like a steady supply of continually produced OEM parts and factory support. Eventually I'd have enough spare parts to keep them going for the rest of my life. At the moment, OEM small parts are still available for the Gen 4 (but not slides), so I need to stock up on those before they're discontinued. I do also prefer the Gen 4's texture and magazine release compared to the Gen 3s, though.

User Tag List