Thread: 2016 Land Rover Supercharged

2016 Land Rover Supercharged

Looking a buying one from a party I know, they take care of their stuff so not too worried about condition of vehicle.

$30,000 and in excellent condition.

Anyone have any experience with this vehicle?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    Looking a buying one from a party I know, they take care of their stuff so not too worried about condition of vehicle.

A close friend has a 2016 F-type R that has the exact same engine under the hood, and a similar powertrain (trans, AWD transfer case, etc) as what's in that Range Rover.
    I'll say, when he bought it we gave him a litany of crap - it replaced a 2013 Audi S6 that spent half its time in the shop. 'Frying pan into the fire' was said more than once.

But now he's had that F Type R now for close to 5 years, it's paid off, and he's never had a days trouble with it. Little stuff like TPMS and a somewhat spendy brake job have been the bulk of his troubles. It has a spectacular powerband and shift points, and surprisingly good MPG for being a 550hp supercharged V8. MPG will almost certainly be worse in a Range Rover but I'm sure you're familiar with that.

I'd recommend buying a vetted aftermarket warranty. Regardless of previous maintenance or care, a significant failure will pay for the warranty on the first incident, rest assured. Cross shop various warranty companies and read all the fine print. It'd also be worth bringing to a local Land Rover dealership and having them conduct a full PPI before buying. In deals like this I suggest buyer/seller split the PPI cost 50/50.
    That engine tolerates absolutely nothing less than the best pump premium gas you can find. Run 93-94 octane if you can find it, preferably. Plan on replacing tires as a full set of 4, as the AWD system really is that particular about even rolling diameters on all four wheels.
    Otherwise if you're prepared to spend the extra money on maintenance and consumables commensurate with a 550hp luxury tank, it's a really freaking nice ride.

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post

Why are they not trading it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Because they can get more money selling it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

He already bought another vehicle and didnt need the trade in value.

Also he wasn't sure he wanted to get rid of it.

Everything JRB said

I would check the local market to see the supply and if that price is on the money.

I didn’t see miles mentioned anywhere…..in my area anything over 70-ish on a European car makes them unsellable (or kills the value significantly)

Go to your local dealer (Rover) and talk to the service writers about the vehicle and ask them if they would buy it

IF there is a warranty available, will likely be 10% or more of the above cost of the vehicle or have significant systems, not covered or have high deductibles (if this is the case, there’s a reason for that)

Be cautious!

Everything JRB said

I would check the local market to see the supply and if that price is on the money.

I didn’t see miles mentioned anywhere…..in my area anything over 70-ish on a European car makes them unsellable (or kills the value significantly)

Go to your local dealer (Rover) and talk to the service writers about the vehicle and ask them if they would buy it

IF there is a warranty available, will likely be 10% or more of the above cost of the vehicle or have significant systems, not covered or have high deductibles (if this is the case, there’s a reason for that)

Be cautious!
    48,000 miles

Thanks for the input everyone

Probably gonna pass on this

User Tag List