Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Super Wrangler Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    2 Wranglers...why'd you let them do? Were they duds?
    My collection of rimfire handguns is extensive, and the Wranglers were surplus to the collection. I moved them and some other pieces for a Reising Arms Company Target pistol. I still have a convertible Single-Six and a .22 LR-only stainless Bisley Single-Six.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    2 Wranglers...why'd you let them do? Were they duds?
    Sorry meant "Why'd you let them go?"

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My collection of rimfire handguns is extensive, and the Wranglers were surplus to the collection. I moved them and some other pieces for a Reising Arms Company Target pistol. I still have a convertible Single-Six and a .22 LR-only stainless Bisley Single-Six.
    I have exactly zero which is why I'm interested in this one.

Name:  IMG_6661.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  84.8 KB

I chose the Single Six even though the price was much more.

Name:  IMG_6670.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  35.4 KB

That’s 50 yards off hand. I would expect the Super Wrangler to do as well.

The only Single Six I've had (a SS 6 1/2") was/is the second slickest Ruger I've ever seen (behind my No. 1 Tropical but that's a whole nuther world) and I still marvel at how nice that gun is (it's in my oldest daughters hands now). a truly beautiful .22LR and I've shot a stupid number of Rugers.
    I love my Blackhawk variations but that .22 is sooooo nice. Sample size of one.

If it was me I'd hold out for one but after supplying multiple children with guns/ammo over the years I understand the (now greatly elevated and exaggerated) price increases, and as a 6 year old I was given a German .22 LR single action that I shot till it almost fell apart and Dad put it away for safety sake (can't imagine the number of rounds thru that girl). Great fun and I wasn't worried that my heater wasn't "top of the line".

So I'd say if it's all the budget allows, then buy that inexpensive American made pistol today and shoot it to death ; )

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    One of these? If so, I'm slightly envious. I've watched auctions off and on but haven't bit yet.

Name:  reising1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  17.4 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    One of these? If so, I'm slightly envious. I've watched auctions off and on but haven't bit yet.

Name:  reising1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  17.4 KB
    Yup, that is the one. It is with my smith now, checking it over. I want to shoot it, but I want to make sure it is not an IED first. I know it will be limited to SV ammo, but I will likely limit it to subsonic.

Is there any noticeable difference in accuracy between the .22 LR cylinder and the .22 WMR ?

User Tag List