Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damage to Glock from holster molding?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Thanks! I’m not looking to make my own. I was considering having a local place make a G24/G17L holster to my specifications, and they don’t have a form for the long slide. I have completely abandoned that idea thanks to the good folks in this thread.

You wouldn’t know of anyone with a G24 form, would you?
    I would imagine that there are still a bunch of those guns in use. If the place is making holsters as a business and does not already have this mold, buying it would potentially result in more than one use.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Late to the thread here, but, PLEASE don't do it.
    I was just speaking to a teacher from a gunsmith school the other day. He had a student use a pistol to mold a holster and now mags won't drop free(and hard to insert).
    Hmmm... I never found a need to press any weight or hot kydex at all against the grip area when molding. When I do it, the grip of of the gun sticks out the side of the press. Hot Kydex hits cold lower frame and gets pressed with no issues.

Good to know though just in case!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I used my wife's G48 once and forgot to insert a mag before I pressed it and it warped the grip enough to make the mags need to be pushed and pulled in and out.
    After much cussing and sweating over how I was gonna tell her I decided to put the Glock into the toaster oven at 300° for about 10 minutes and the grip flexed back into its proper shape. Apparently it has a memory.
    Unlike wives...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Unlike wives...lol
    My wife can be very forgiving but definitely not forgetful, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Thanks! I’m not looking to make my own. I was considering having a local place make a G24/G17L holster to my specifications, and they don’t have a form for the long slide. I have completely abandoned that idea thanks to the good folks in this thread.

You wouldn’t know of anyone with a G24 form, would you?

I don't, I have a real 17L but my molds are not long enough to cover it. I might be able to make a long enough mold. What holster design specifically were you wanting?
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I don't, I have a real 17L but my molds are not long enough to cover it. I might be able to make a long enough mold. What holster design specifically were you wanting?
    I'm thinking of something similar to this, with some changes. I sent you a more detailed PM.

https://www.deguns.net/blade-tech-pr...glock-17-22-31

User Tag List