Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Star Gear kydex sheaths for ESEE Candiru & Izula

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    This pic doesn't do it justice really. It makes it look like the handle is sticking out further than it really is. Printing really isn't an issue with the Candiru. One could make this print more/less by adjusting it around on your belt more toward/away from the centerline.

Thanks VolGrad for the pics, that's a nice looking setup.

I think a chubby Guy needs to wear it to see if the spare tire club approves of it.....'oh where to find a chubby guy....address to follow via PM

Great pics buddy. Now I need one for my BOB and possibly your same combo, I'm digging it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    I think a chubby Guy needs to wear it to see if the spare tire club approves of it.....
    Clearly, you didn't see my hand in that pic holding back a little of the spare tire.

No joke. I'm 5'6" and after losing almost 10 lbs in the past couple of months down to just a shade over 160#. To use Caleb's reference I'm built sort of like a fire hydrant. I have skinny chicken legs, broad shoulders & barrel chest, and bit of spare tire. I kind of look like I'm wearing a hydration bladder on my front.

first post, I just got my dark star izula sheath today and managed to cut myself within about a minute LOL

didn't realize the knife tip pokes out of the end of it and gave myself a nice puncture with my freshly sharpened izula.

it's going to take some time adjusting and playing with it to get it to lay flat enough to conceal under a t-shirt but it can be done I think.

I'll post up some pictures here in a few minutes

Chad
    Last edited by Nimitz87; 11-19-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post
    first post, I just got my dark star izula sheath today and managed to cut myself within about a minute LOL

didn't realize the knife tip pokes out of the end of it and gave myself a nice puncture with my freshly sharpened izula.

it's going to take some time adjusting and playing with it to get it to lay flat enough to conceal under a t-shirt but it can be done I think.

I'll post up some pictures here in a few minutes

Chad
    Tip shouldn't poke out, at all. Shoot me a pic of it in email and I'll send a new one out tomorrow morning.

ETA: Without scales the blade can extend past and open the sheath enough to protrude out a little. If you are carrying it without scales or cord I will replace the sheath with one that has a a built in stop. Cord and scales otherwise prevent over insertion of the blade.
    Last edited by orionz06; 11-19-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz87 View Post

What Tom said. None of mine come anywhere near poking out. Stupid question but are you sure the sheat is for an Izula? ... and that you have an Izula?

I accidentally put my Izula II in the Candiru sheath when I first opened the box of sheaths and could see what you described happening given the limited # rivets.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post

What Tom said. None of mine come anywhere near poking out. Stupid question but are you sure the sheat is for an Izula? ... and that you have an Izula?

I accidentally put my Izula II in the Candiru sheath when I first opened the box of sheaths and could see what you described happening given the limited # rivets.
    figured it out, it's due to not having any scales/paracord on the knife currently. I was in a hurry to test it and had taken off my paracord wrap, I'm expecting some TKC scales in the mail tomorrow

this thing is awesome though very slick.

Chad

Imaging how much better it would be if it didn't get you cut.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Just strapped on one of these for my Uzula. EASY DAY. Very nice!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

still messing with optimal position and obviously I don't have scales/paracord on the blade but so far it easily conceals under a t-shirt.

Chad

User Tag List