Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Springfield Echelon Variant drops

Another Springfield Echelon Variant drops

A bit underwhelmed, looks like all they did was chop 2 rounds and make a 15 round variant, but same 4.5” barrel? I hope they hurry with other variants! One would think they would have made it competitive with G19 size wise?

Another Springfield Echelon Variant drops

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    A bit underwhelmed, looks like all they did was chop 2 rounds and make a 15 round variant, but same 4.5” barrel? I hope they hurry with other variants! One would think they would have made it competitive with G19 size wise?
    Given that everyone thinks the G49 or whatever (G19 grip + G17 slide) is what Glock should have released decades ago and is the bees knees, it kind of makes sense they did the short grip variant first. I think it would also be the easiest to implement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Where did you see this? From their website, it just appears to be a 15rd version of the full size - ie, same grip length as before but 15rd mag for states that require it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Where did you see this? From their website, it just appears to be a 15rd version of the full size - ie, same grip length as before but 15rd mag for states that require it.
    Over on TFB, though that actually is a good point as can’t tell from specs. Maybe alot about nuthin, as lookin it over, maybe it’s just a mag change and no actual frame change, which is kind of disingenuous?

Site Supporter
    Over on TFB, though that actually is a good point as can’t tell from specs. Maybe alot about nuthin, as lookin it over, maybe it’s just a mag change and no actual frame change, which is kind of disingenuous?
    The 15rd version is listed on Springfields site with the same height at the 17rd version so I'm sure thats all it is - a full size with a 15rd mag for states that require it. With that said, I have to imagine they will have something new at Shot.

Site Supporter
    I don’t always trust TFB.

We haven’t sold a single Echelon since they came out. Not surprised since it doesn’t really do anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    We haven’t sold a single Echelon since they came out. Not surprised since it doesn’t really do anything special.
    What I like is that it's $525, so like $100 cheaper than a G17.5 MOS, but it has better ergos (grip and slide), a better trigger, better sights, and a better optic mounting system. So you're getting a LOT more for your money. Of course, what you aren't getting is a proven track record, but to me it really does look like they just improved on SIG's FCU and came out with a superior design. Besides a few cases of people (or the factory) installing extended mag-bases incorrectly, the gun seems to be doing really well in the 1000 and 2000rd tests, though I have seen a guy who was getting failures.

As much as I HATE the XD and XDM, I do think Springfield turned a corner with the Hellcat and Hellcat PRO, and now the Echelon.

That said, I don't want a G17 or G49 sized gun...AND even if they come out with the G19 size I do like, I'm not sure I'd give up my G19.5s for it. I just got a NOMAD 9 gen5 frame and it feels really good--basically just as good as the Echelon grip.

I'm not remotely qualified to comment, but as a "wish list" thing, if Springfield took the Central Operating Group (FCU) and dropped it into a 12 round grip module, topped with a narrow, 1" slide, and assuming their V.I.S. optic mounting concept could accommodate an RMSc optic, they'd have something very, very similar to the P365 aka Adult Lego. Now that would attract some interest, I would bet.

I mean hell they could even have an ad campaign trolling Sig..."The Greek Echelon beats the Roman Legion..."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm not remotely qualified to comment, but as a "wish list" thing, if Springfield took the Central Operating Group (FCU) and dropped it into a 12 round grip module, topped with a narrow, 1" slide, and assuming their V.I.S. optic mounting concept could accommodate an RMSc optic, they'd have something very, very similar to the P365 aka Adult Lego. Now that would attract some interest, I would bet.

I mean hell they could even have an ad campaign trolling Sig..."The Greek Echelon beats the Roman Legion..."

Other than not being a chassis gun, wouldn't that kind of be the Hellcat/Hellcat Pro?

User Tag List