Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro shooting thread

Video of G19Fan at a recent match shooting his Macro.

https://imgur.com/a/Uv0boNl
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Noah, it was more than just grip angle. Last February, I hurt my support hand wrist shooting 10mm, and to get back shooting with less pain, I adopted a support index finger on the trigger guard grip. A by product of that, was this levels the Glock for me and overcomes the different grip angle in the Glock. When I started shooting the AXG, I also went back to my pre trigger guard grip. That didn't result in needing a micro correction, it resulted in me needing a large correction.

To your earlier point, my LGS says the 365 family outsells everything else for them. Outside the forum world, people really like slimline pistols for EDC, and apparently really like 365s!
    I’m willing to bet a substantial portion of the forum world that regularly carries a semiauto also carries a slimline one. Smaller and lighter guns are just easier and more convenient to carry. I really like my X and XL. I haven’t seriously tried the Macro yet, only fired a couple of mags through my supervisor’s. When I decide to go back to a gun larger than my XL, I’ll just buy a Macro grip module, some more mags, and a new holster for it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’m willing to bet a substantial portion of the forum world that regularly carries a semiauto also carries a slimline one. Smaller and lighter guns are just easier and more convenient to carry. I really like my X and XL. I haven’t seriously tried the Macro yet, only fired a couple of mags through my supervisor’s. When I decide to go back to a gun larger than my XL, I’ll just buy a Macro grip module, some more mags, and a new holster for it.
    I went along these lines myself and built a Macro with an XL upper from spare parts...
    only problem is, I still want to pick up a Tac Ops

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I went along these lines myself and built a Macro with an XL upper from spare parts...
    only problem is, I still want to pick up a Tac Ops
    Tac Ops is a nice gun....

Jay Beal is a talented USPSA Carry Optics shooter, who won the standards stage, involving strong and support hand shooting at CO Nats. He is quite aggressive in getting behind the gun shooting one hand. I have been trying to bring more of that shooting the Macro support hand, as the gun is so light.

This is shooting support hand earlier today.

Freestyle is a lot of fun with the Macro as the light gun draws and transitions so well.

Yesterday, I worked to push out the distance on harder shots. The far steel is at 25 yards.

I was able to get my Macro to the range today. Awesome gun. Shot amazing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I was able to get my Macro to the range today. Awesome gun. Shot amazing.
    How did you shoot it compared to your Glock?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How did you shoot it compared to your Glock?
    Both guns shoot amazing. The G17 has been my edc for the last 4 years. The Glock is slightly softer shooting. Just slightly. It’s hard for me to say this, but I shot the Sig better and faster. I still trust the Glock more just because it’s a Glock and that’s what I’m used to.
    Sig definitely has a winner with this one.
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Both guns shoot amazing. The G17 has been my edc for the last 4 years. The Glock is slightly softer shooting. Just slightly. It’s hard for me to say this, but I shot the Sig better and faster. I still trust the Glock more just because it’s a Glock and that’s what I’m used to.
    Sig definitely has a winner with this one.
    Give it time at one stage all we owned were g19s. Now all we own are p365s.

If you chop your macro grip it carries like a g48 for me while shooting like a g19.

My training gun (xl macro chopped) is on approx 33k rounds. No issues

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Give it time at one stage all we owned were g19s. Now all we own are p365s.

If you chop your macro grip it carries like a g48 for me while shooting like a g19.

My training gun (xl macro chopped) is on approx 33k rounds. No issues
    What small parts or springs have been replaced in those 33k rounds? Genuine question as that's probably the highest round count I've seen on any of the new slimline guns.

User Tag List