Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 365 Macro shooting thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1More View Post
    How much tighter/different is your grip on draw with the Macro then with your 320 CO setup? Is it something you notice? I am asking as I review my difference in presenting my Macro versus my XCarry / Other larger guns. Watching you run the stages was educational. I noticed in one part, you looked like you were 'intense' on presentation...do you percieve that as your norm? I hate the smaller grip of the Macro but like everything else...and I hate my training deficiencies.
    With a lighter weight gun, you have to provide the structure in the form of grip and arm extension that a heavy gun might allow you to cheat on. When I do my part, the Macro shoots like a regular service pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    With a lighter weight gun, you have to provide the structure in the form of grip and arm extension that a heavy gun might allow you to cheat on. When I do my part, the Macro shoots like a regular service pistol.
    The light bulb went on; I was misinterpreting what you were saying, ie, I was confusing the 'gun performs like a bigger gun' with 'the gun feels like a bigger gun'. Thought I was doing something wrong having to gorilla grip it like an ape to get the big gun performance. Clearly, that's just what I have to do compared to guns that give me more room and/or better shape to grab them. I shoot small guns ok, but this was bothering me.
    Thanks for the confirmation and clarification...it helps.
    I think I spend a good bit of shooting re-discovering the fundamentals still apply in slightly new ways.

Site Supporter
    After shooting a WC module for a while, I put one of my XL's in an OE XMacro module for comparison, I'm thinking I prefer and shoot the OE better than the Wilson. I like the contour of the Wilson but the rounded front and back straps along with material texture make the grip feel slippery in my hand.
    I've added 2 layers of Talon tape to the right side of the OE grip along with a 3rd layer of the granulated tape to fill the slight space I'd had and it doesn't go anywhere. I've got a 6moa dot with a comped barrel on the WC gun and ran a 2moa on this one so for a better comparison, I'll try a 6moa on this one next. I'm kind of surprised but, I'm carrying my new version for now.

I was shooting carbines today, and tried one group with five rounds of 124 HST +P at 50 yards with my main edc Macro.

Name:  IMG_7509.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  45.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was shooting carbines today, and tried one group with five rounds of 124 HST +P at 50 yards with my main edc Macro.

Name:  IMG_7509.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  45.7 KB
    Do you have any factory comp’d slides left or have you gotten rid of them all? I know you and others have described the accuracy difference in the 3.1 and 3.7 slides but I haven’t seen any posted pictures detailing it. If you wouldn’t mind, sometime maybe throw a handful of rounds downrange from a factory slide at like 20-25 and post the group?

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Do you have any factory comp’d slides left or have you gotten rid of them all? I know you and others have described the accuracy difference in the 3.1 and 3.7 slides but I haven’t seen any posted pictures detailing it. If you wouldn’t mind, sometime maybe throw a handful of rounds downrange from a factory slide at like 20-25 and post the group?
    I no longer have and 365 OEM ported uppers. Here is the original thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....curacy-problem

User Tag List