Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro shooting thread

i can chime in on the standard macro vs axg. the axg is very flat, soft shooting. almost like 9mm out of a full size, steel 1911. it just soaks up all the recoil and transitions target to target very fluidly.

i just got a RCS holster for it... wish it was longer as i got spoiled carrying a macro in an extra length JMCK. Hoping Tony adds it to his list of supported guns.

Playing card drill with the 365 Legion. Doing that thing where you shoot it cold once a week. Shot it SHO after that run but missed par by about .2

https://youtube.com/shorts/ef-D5DNlk...3pmC6HXn4_32Vb

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Playing card drill with the 365 Legion. Doing that thing where you shoot it cold once a week. Shot it SHO after that run but missed par by about .2

https://youtube.com/shorts/ef-D5DNlk...3pmC6HXn4_32Vb
    I am going to try this with a normal.one!

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I am going to try this with a normal.one!
    Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In a review or two, they said the polymer was as soft, or softer than the AXG aluminum grip, and I wondered what you thought?
    Don't mean to steal the "365" thread, but speaking of poly guns with soft recoil . . . .

I recently shot quite a few defensive 124 Gr. JHP 9mm rounds through a Sig P320 X-Compact, including a couple of +P loads.

My expectations were low, as my XL hands just barely fit on the grip of this pistol (stock grip, with 15-round magazines and stock base plates), and also because of the relatively light 25 ounce weight of the empty pistol.

I shot the pistol with the issue X-ray iron sights and no optic.

I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. The pistol seemed to be almost oblivious to felt recoil, especially considering the light weight and compact size. Not certain what the feature was about this particular pistol that gave the impression of soft recoil with some pretty stout loads, but I suspect it might be the contours of the slightly rounded grip that seems to fit my hand like it was made for it. I have never previously shot a compact sized poly frame pistol that felt like such a "soft" shooter.

Even better, the pistol ran flawlessly, with nary a bobble and was very, very accurate, with all the ammo used. All shooting was done offhand at both 15 and 20 yards. This little pistol is a keeper.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Don't mean to steal the "365" thread, but speaking of poly guns with soft recoil . . . .

I recently shot quite a few defensive 124 Gr. JHP 9mm rounds through a Sig P320 X-Compact, including a couple of +P loads.

My expectations were low, as my XL hands just barely fit on the grip of this pistol (stock grip, with 15-round magazines and stock base plates), and also because of the relatively light 25 ounce weight of the empty pistol.

I shot the pistol with the issue X-ray iron sights and no optic.

I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. The pistol seemed to be almost oblivious to felt recoil, especially considering the light weight and compact size. Not certain what the feature was about this particular pistol that gave the impression of soft recoil with some pretty stout loads, but I suspect it might be the contours of the slightly rounded grip that seems to fit my hand like it was made for it. I have never previously shot a compact sized poly frame pistol that felt like such a "soft" shooter.

Even better, the pistol ran flawlessly, with nary a bobble and was very, very accurate, with all the ammo used. All shooting was done offhand at both 15 and 20 yards. This little pistol is a keeper.
    People freak out about bore axis, but a low bore axis gives you less flip and more push. The heavy slide and high bore axis of a 320, and a 226 for that matter, give more flip but a softer push.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Attachment 113826

I have a Tac Ops which I haven’t been able to shoot yet. This photo intrigues me. On the right is my normal carry gun - a P320 fulls size cut to take compact magazines. It holds 15 rounds and is just long enough for me to get a full grip.

On the left is the X-Macro. Effectively the same length for a full grip but 17 rounds. Pretty sure the mag well is going to go. Hoping the trigger will clean up after live fire. It has a ton of nasty creep after you hit the wall.
    John, reference the creep in the trigger. Shooting a 1911/2011 or DA/SA Sig, the trigger breaks cleanly after the wall, and if you prep beyond the wall there is a good chance of making a loud noise. With the 320/365, there can be significant creep beyond the wall. What works best for me, is to prep beyond the wall, and to practice that in dry fire, transitioning between targets and prepping, but not pulling the trigger further. Otherwise, if I only prep to the initial wall, I need to get beyond the creep at the cost of extra time or possible reduced accuracy.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    People freak out about bore axis, but a low bore axis gives you less flip and more push. The heavy slide and high bore axis of a 320, and a 226 for that matter, give more flip but a softer push.
    I def prefer less flip and more push

50 yard accuracy

I was zeroing a new optic at 50 yards on an AR, and figured I should shoot my main carry Macro at 50, since I was all set up. This is the pistol -- XL upper, Boresight module, EPS Carry 6, stock trigger.

Name:  IMG_7084.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  100.3 KB

I shot leaned over a bench. This is my first five at 50 with 124 HST.

Name:  IMG_7078.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  49.6 KB

Then I shot 124 Gold Dot. Hit about the same place but not quite as tight.

Name:  IMG_7079.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  61.5 KB

I couldn't leave well enough alone, and went four clicks right. More HST.

Name:  IMG_7080.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  70.1 KB

Came back one click left and called it good. Pulled one HST.

Photo of last 5 HST after final adjustment.

Name:  IMG_7081.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  63.0 KB

User Tag List