Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro shooting thread

Pretty capable pistol!

This weekend my wife and I shot a match that was repeated Saturday and Sunday. I decided to shoot the match Sunday with my Macro. Compared to my match with my dedicated LO gun, I ran the same time and was slightly worse on accuracy, with the result that my performance with the Macro was 90 something percent of my LO result. It was a great experience shooting the Macro six stages in a match, as opposed to just in practice, and was definitely a confidence builder as to the capability of the Macro.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I dragged a 320 X compact with an SCS on it out to the range today. Interestingly, I found the macro significantly easier to shoot, and I attribute that to the longer grip.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I dragged a 320 X compact with an SCS on it out to the range today. Interestingly, I found the macro significantly easier to shoot, and I attribute that to the longer grip.
    You are pushing me over the edge to reserve my old P365 for occasional use and replacing it with a Macro! (Which actually will solve another problem, i.e., I shoot the G26.5 better than the 365, but it just doesn't carry as well for me.)

Thanks . . . I think

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    You are pushing me over the edge to reserve my old P365 for occasional use and replacing it with a Macro! (Which actually will solve another problem, i.e., I shoot the G26.5 better than the 365, but it just doesn't carry as well for me.)

Thanks . . . I think
    Next thing you know, you'll have three or four 365's!

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Next thing you know, you'll have three or four 365's!
    One of us one of us

I find the macro much easier to shoot than a p320

Site Supporter
    Trying to talk myself out of #5....wtf

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Trying to talk myself out of #5....wtf
    Bad idea bear is cheering for you

This weekend my wife and I shot a match that was repeated Saturday and Sunday. I decided to shoot the match Sunday with my Macro. Compared to my match with my dedicated LO gun, I ran the same time and was slightly worse on accuracy, with the result that my performance with the Macro was 90 something percent of my LO result. It was a great experience shooting the Macro six stages in a match, as opposed to just in practice, and was definitely a confidence builder as to the capability of the Macro.

How much tighter/different is your grip on draw with the Macro then with your 320 CO setup? Is it something you notice? I am asking as I review my difference in presenting my Macro versus my XCarry / Other larger guns. Watching you run the stages was educational. I noticed in one part, you looked like you were 'intense' on presentation...do you percieve that as your norm? I hate the smaller grip of the Macro but like everything else...and I hate my training deficiencies.

User Tag List