Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro shooting thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I haven't yet. Live fire has been limited do to weather and range conditions. I plan to do so though.
    I mean, this is the best February weather MI has had in my 39 years, just sayin.

Site Supporter
    My Macro has more creep in it than the White House. I don't notice it at speed, but slow fire it drives me nuts.

If you really wanted to take that creep out, these "sear control springs" can do that - albeit by lessening the sear engagement. I tried one in a 365 and it was night and day...zero creep

https://tacticaltriggers.com/p365-sear-control-springs/

I haven't yet. Live fire has been limited do to weather and range conditions. I plan to do so though.
    My P320 X Ten Comp, with a similar ported set up, shoots excellent groups. I have hoped Sig identified the issue some of us experienced with accuracy with the 3.1 ported slide. Hopefully your 365 AXG shoots great at 25 yards.

How do you compare recoil between your regular Macro and the AXG Macro? The aluminum grip weighs more, but polymer can be more forgiving with recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    If you really wanted to take that creep out, these "sear control springs" can do that - albeit by lessening the sear engagement. I tried one in a 365 and it was night and day...zero creep

https://tacticaltriggers.com/p365-sear-control-springs/
    On a defensive pistol, I find that creep to be a feature not a bug. The stock 365 trigger feels LEM'ish to me, only more shootable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On a defensive pistol, I find that creep to be a feature not a bug. The stock 365 trigger feels LEM'ish to me, only more shootable.

I’m with you on this. The factory trigger doesn’t get in the way for me - though I do vastly prefer the curved to the straight trigger. I will say that I took that sear spring kit out as it didn’t do anything for my times. That being said, it felt great in dry fire and slow precision shooting - the break was very similar to my Apex M&Ps.

I’m with you on this. The factory trigger doesn’t get in the way for me - though I do vastly prefer the curved to the straight trigger. I will say that I took that sear spring kit out as it didn’t do anything for my times. That being said, it felt great in dry fire and slow precision shooting - the break was very similar to my Apex M&Ps.
    Interesting, as I also prefer the curved trigger in dry fire, but see no difference in hits/time when live firing.

Site Supporter
    Interesting, as I also prefer the curved trigger in dry fire, but see no difference in hits/time when live firing.
    I tend to pull shots low with straight trigger but have no issues with the curved. I know it’s grip but my XL hands and the slim frame struggle a bit on the slim lines.

I tend to pull shots low with straight trigger but have no issues with the curved. I know it’s grip but my XL hands and the slim frame struggle a bit on the slim lines.
    Prefer curved both fast and slow fire. Myb accuracy slow fire is worse with flat trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I mean, this is the best February weather MI has had in my 39 years, just sayin.
    Yes, but the range is still mostly under water. That is what happens when you add a lot of rain to 3 feet of snow and bad drainage.

My P320 X Ten Comp, with a similar ported set up, shoots excellent groups. I have hoped Sig identified the issue some of us experienced with accuracy with the 3.1 ported slide. Hopefully your 365 AXG shoots great at 25 yards.

How do you compare recoil between your regular Macro and the AXG Macro? The aluminum grip weighs more, but polymer can be more forgiving with recoil.

The best I can say is that they are different. There is no doubt especially with defensive loads the porting tames the muzzle rise.

The best I can say is that they are different. There is no doubt especially with defensive loads the porting tames the muzzle rise.
    In a review or two, they said the polymer was as soft, or softer than the AXG aluminum grip, and I wondered what you thought?

User Tag List