Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 365 Macro shooting thread

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Attachment 113826

I have a Tac Ops which I haven’t been able to shoot yet. This photo intrigues me. On the right is my normal carry gun - a P320 fulls size cut to take compact magazines. It holds 15 rounds and is just long enough for me to get a full grip.

On the left is the X-Macro. Effectively the same length for a full grip but 17 rounds. Pretty sure the mag well is going to go. Hoping the trigger will clean up after live fire. It has a ton of nasty creep after you hit the wall.
    Unlike pre Gen 5 Glock triggers, that have a lot of variability, everyone of my XL/Macro triggers feels exactly the same. Just over five pounds pull, with a definite wall and then sort of spongy break that I find predictable to shoot and appropriate for a carry trigger. I have not felt them change much with rounds.

PS: it is amazing how much higher you can get on a Macro than a 320.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unlike pre Gen 5 Glock triggers, that have a lot of variability, everyone of my XL/Macro triggers feels exactly the same. Just over five pounds pull, with a definite wall and then sort of spongy break that I find predictable to shoot and appropriate for a carry trigger. I have not felt them change much with rounds.
    I've got a P365 and P365 XL and their triggers are identical as far as I can tell. The Macro is a different kettle of fish. I may try to catch it on video and post.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I've got a P365 and P365 XL and their triggers are identical as far as I can tell. The Macro is a different kettle of fish. I may try to catch it on video and post.
    Something sounds messed up. Have you tried pulling a FCU out of your XL and trying it in the Macro to see if the issue follows the FCU or is some interface between FCU and your Macro upper?

My Macro has more creep in it than the White House. I don't notice it at speed, but slow fire it drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    My Macro has more creep in it than the White House. I don't notice it at speed, but slow fire it drives me nuts.
    My single macro trigger has more creep than my 5 xl or p365 triggers.

Also.don't notice shooting fast. Shooting slow it can be annoying.

Swapping grip modules and such no diff

This is clearly a trend and interesting. What about the Macro makes for this -- something about the shape of the grip module or how it supports the FCU? It would be interesting to take an XL upper from a Macro TacOps, and a Macro FCU and drop them in an XL grip module and see what happens.

Having lived with Sig for 20+ years, I'd say "rolling design changes."
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Having lived with Sig for 20+ years, I'd say "rolling design changes."
    That's probably the #1 reason I've never really got into anything Sig. Not that fixing something that is actually a problem is a bad thing. It just seems like more of a roll of the dice at any given moment.

I received my XL module and mags today. 150 more rounds fired. I definitely like the Macro module better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    **OK**

I am calling BS on the Sig rolling change things as regards the 365 family. I just went and pulled the triggers on four Macros, an XL and four 365 pistols. I can't tell a bit of difference in the triggers and these span many years.

What is true, is they all have a defined wall and then a fair amount of travel (creep) until they break. I consider that appropriate for a carry gun and zero impediment to my ability to shoot the pistols. If you want a reason to hate Sig, there are plenty but the 365 family is not a good reason.

User Tag List