Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Vetting Process for a Defensive Pump Shotgun

Name:  590wear.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  37.5 KB

Also noticed a little wear in the top of the receiver. The round one I can feel in the metal a little bit. Is some wearing normal beyond just finish rubbing off?

I checked out a couple of 590’s/500’s at work today. Even though they’re new I can see where from dry cycling it, a circular wear spot is forming on some of them, so that tells me it’s normal like on this Maverick.

Name:  71AD01AC-2E3A-45DB-9ACC-A7BB1C801C2D.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  24.0 KB

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    I checked out a couple of 590’s/500’s at work today. Even though they’re new I can see where from dry cycling it, a circular wear spot is forming on some of them, so that tells me it’s normal like on this Maverick

I think - sort of a SWAG because I don't have one handy - that may be where a corner on the locking block sort of reaches a limit of upward travel during the operating cycle.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Nice. Thanks. I just ordered one of these: https://thecastlearms.com/product-de...product_detail

On sale for $329 before shipping/tax
    So it looks like this one made it to you? I wanted to get one of these as well but I wanted to check if you had gotten scammed out of $330 or not!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanIcon View Post
    So it looks like this one made it to you? I wanted to get one of these as well but I wanted to check if you had gotten scammed out of $330 or not!
    It was pretty well within what I expected. Definitely been beat around and has a worn finish, but it's not broken or anything. Only thing I think it probably needs is a new mag spring and new shell stops, because if you baby the action open as slowly as possible it may or may not pop the next shell out of the mag. I wouldn't say it's a scam. If it was straight up broken, I'd say it was a scam, but it's functioning.

I plan to send it off to Wilson Combat for their Remington Steal package, to bring it back to new condition.

I shot 149 more rounds through the 590A1 today, about half buckshot, half birdshot. I don't think the wear spot has really grown. I kept checking it as I was putting more rounds through it and I couldn't tell any additional wear as I kept going, or at least not enough to notice.

I took a picture of it right now while I'm cleaning it, from a bit of a different angle. Thoughts?
    Name:  590wear150rdslater.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  18.9 KB

Post 65,
    https://storage.googleapis.com/wilso...ustom_work.pdf

From what i've read, Wilson-Combat only performs its "Remington Steal" package on Remington 870s, not Mossberg 590/590A1s, but do go ahead and call WC.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Post 65,
    https://storage.googleapis.com/wilso...ustom_work.pdf

From what i've read, Wilson-Combat only performs its "Remington Steal" package on Remington 870s, not Mossberg 590/590A1s, but do go ahead and call WC.
    Yes, I was talking about the surplus 870 Police Magnum from earlier in this thread

For the life of me, I cannot pull the trigger group out of the 590A1 after tapping the pin out. Is it possible the Magpul stock is holding it by the rear? It doesn't look like it, it looks like it clears it. I took the barrel off, then tapped the pin above the serial number out. No matter how hard I tug, it won't budge. Am I missing something? I was using a Brownells 500 takedown video as reference.

Site Supporter
    For the life of me, I cannot pull the trigger group out of the 590A1 after tapping the pin out. Is it possible the Magpul stock is holding it by the rear? It doesn't look like it, it looks like it clears it. I took the barrel off, then tapped the pin above the serial number out. No matter how hard I tug, it won't budge. Am I missing something? I was using a Brownells 500 takedown video as reference.
    I experienced the same on my 590 after I installed the Magpul stock. You may need to loosen the stock bolt a couple of turns to get the trigger group to clear.

Withe the trigger group out of the way, you cut a small chamfer on the stock to allow clearance for the trigger group to hinge down with the stock in place.

User Tag List