Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another High Power?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Yet Another High Power?

From Inglis, for $490 and up. Another article.

I'm going to lay a bet that the only thing these guns have in common with the old Inglis company is the name. I don't know diddly about them. Tisas, maybe? Taurus?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Is this from the Tim from the MAC channel on YouTube? Will it be able to survive getting thrown at steel targets after getting dunked in a creek? Enquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

I'm going to lay a bet that the only thing these guns have in common with the old Inglis company is the name. I don't know diddly about them. Tisas, maybe? Taurus?
    SDS Imports according to the article, so Tisas.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Probably Tisas…

Pretty rad though. Should be good quality for price and it seems that “vintage/retro” guns are doing well… that may bode well for some things many of us like. My MAC JSOC has been great and is carried often, even having 1911s worth many times as much.

I bought a Springfield SA-35 and mine has been pretty good, but I’d love a low price point Hi-Power to learn how to mess with them a bit. We have the Girsan guns but this adds some competitive pricing.

I’m looking forward to seeing the variants.

I'll look at one of these, since if they are a SDS product, they will be stamped Knoxville, TN, somewhere. But the real reason I want one is for a low priced Hi-Power. Tisas seems to make really good reproduction "vintage" pistols. I own two now and like them both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Is this from the Tim from the MAC channel on YouTube? Will it be able to survive getting thrown at steel targets after getting dunked in a creek? Enquiring minds want to know.
    No, different MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

The one they show looks like the Mk III Practical.

This could cost me money.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The one they show looks like the Mk III Practical.

This could cost me money.
    Agree with that!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Vending Machine Operator
    I really want one of these Hi-Powers but I have not pulled the trigger yet. The Girsan MHP35s look nice, but they're not necessarily cheap. North of $500 for many models. I usually like Springfield's 1911s, so theirs was my presumptive pick, but the thread here on PF on issues had me postpone that. The FN redesigns look fantastic but are north of $1K.

I will probably hover for a few more years and let them mature and see what looks like the best call. Then again, I did that with the Sig P225A1 and they discontinued them before I could get the stainless one I wanted.

It's just cool to see a retro design getting love from the industry. Of course we're almost all going to use a plastic striker gun at the end of the day for practical purposes, but this hobby is so much bigger than that. It's nice to see continued development and more companies throwing their hat in the ring. Beats a million different AR platforms and Glock-alikes.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I might be down for the nickel plated model.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List