Thread: Norma 9mm Luger Frangible 94 Grain

Norma 9mm Luger Frangible 94 Grain

A friend asked me about Norma 9mm 94 grain frangible ammo as range ammo, which he is considering getting because he found it found for a good price somewhere. I am not familiar with it other than to say that it is dirty and will will likely have a point of impact that will be quite different from the normal 115 grain to 124 grain ammo which he uses to practice.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    A friend asked me about Norma 9mm 94 grain frangible ammo as range ammo, which he is considering getting because he found it found for a good price somewhere. I am not familiar with it other than to say that it is dirty and will will likely have a point of impact that will be quite different from the normal 115 grain to 124 grain ammo which he uses to practice.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks
    I was hoping a LEO with more frangible experience than me would comment.

Since unanswered yet, hope you don't mind. I'm not an expert, but I have some experience with frangible.

For your friend, I wouldn't recommend it.

The impulse is generally different in feel and it's often more lightly loaded and doesn't cycle some heavier sprung guns. People often have to set up dedicated frangible setups when training that way.

Also, it can wear barrels due to the sandpaper effect of the pressed copper powder projectiles (no jacket is part of the feature).

So I'd reserve frangible for actually using it for frangible type things.

Like shooting steel point blank...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was hoping a LEO with more frangible experience than me would comment.

Since unanswered yet, hope you don't mind. I'm not an expert, but I have some experience with frangible.

For your friend, I wouldn't recommend it.

The impulse is generally different in feel and it's often more lightly loaded and doesn't cycle some heavier sprung guns. People often have to set up dedicated frangible setups when training that way.

Also, it can wear barrels due to the sandpaper effect of the pressed copper powder projectiles (no jacket is part of the feature).

So I'd reserve frangible for actually using it for frangible type things.

Like shooting steel point blank...

All follow my experience with frangible… and it’s filthy AF too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    A friend asked me about Norma 9mm 94 grain frangible ammo as range ammo, which he is considering getting because he found it found for a good price somewhere. I am not familiar with it other than to say that it is dirty and will will likely have a point of impact that will be quite different from the normal 115 grain to 124 grain ammo which he uses to practice. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks
    Pallets of various 90-100gr green and frang at a couple of my jobs. No Norma, but Fed, Speer, Win, and Mk254 all cycle fine in regularly sprung service guns and are on or close enough in POI for most training uses and shooters. Impulse is different, but may not matter for the purpose. I agree with JCN, even if GTG frang is best for frang things or where required by the facility.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List