Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Major US LE purchase of hammer fired pistols in last decade?

That was us. We tried them with SWAT for about 6 months. Numerous issues of failure to fire on occasion due to springs not being correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    That was us. We tried them with SWAT for about 6 months. Numerous issues of failure to fire on occasion due to springs not being correct.
    Ok, I was pretty sure it was a SW Ohio agency.

Site Supporter

D'OOH!

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Um, no.

Hamilton County Ohio Sheriff’s office went from revolvers to DAO 3rd Gen S&W 40 cal. From there to M&P 40. They recently transitioned to the M&P9 2.0.
    Reading is apparently fundamental. It was Franklin County that went to the 226/239.

Pennsylvania State Police issued the Sig P227 from 2014 to 2024.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Darien, CT issued P226 DAKs in .357 Sig until late 20-teens. They are now carrying M&P 2.0 9mms. Not a major contract at all but I included it anyways.

Bridgeport, CT went from Sig P229s in .40 S&W to S&W M&P 45s in 2012. They are slowly introducing 9mm Glocks from what I understand.

CT State Police switched from .40 S&W Sig P229s to P220s in 2012. They experienced a lot of issues with qualifications during that timeframe. They are now carrying Glock 45s with TLR7-As. Their SWAT guys went from custom Cerberus Tactical 1911s to striker fired 9mms. I saw their guys using built out Performance Center M&Ps at one point.

Site Supporter
    In the last 5 years has any medium to large agency adopted hammer fired guns besides what has been mentioned?

I believe I remember reading guys talking about an Ohio agency still issuing revolvers into the mid 2000s, but I am not sure about that. It's been since the mid 2000s that I read it, and I can't be for certain my memory is correct.

If I had to arm an agency with current hammer fired options, it would be Beretta, HK or a P-07.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    Pennsylvania State Police issued the Sig P227 from 2014 to 2024.

What are the going to now? Were the P227s reliable for them?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What are the going to now? Were the P227s reliable for them?
    Walther PDP Compact/F.

Regarding the P227, there was an initial magazine related issue that Sig sorted out. Otherwise, they have been reliable with the occasional wear and tear problem fixed with regular maintenance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SamueL View Post
    Walther PDP Compact/F.

Regarding the P227, there was an initial magazine related issue that Sig sorted out. Otherwise, they have been reliable with the occasional wear and tear problem fixed with regular maintenance.

That's interesting that so many agencies had problems with legacy P series Sigs, but the P227 worked out rather well. I think a member here who worked in CT said that the P220s they issued the State Police were relatively reliable.

Site Supporter
    Covington KY (my hood) currently issues Legion Sig P226s. Every Covington officer I’ve seen carrying a gun in the past few years has one. They made the switch from .40 P226s in the last 4 or 5 years. I don’t know how many sworn, but it’s not… tiny. Covington runs from the Ohio river down into some quasi rural areas.

I still see M&Ps in Cincinnati PD holsters.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List