Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major US LE purchase of hammer fired pistols in last decade?

Major US LE purchase of hammer fired pistols in last decade?

Or two, really, thinking of the 2004 DHS HK contract. Anything come to mind?

Not debating the merits...just idle curiosity, sparked in part by the demise of Gaston.

Site Supporter
    https://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/302150

Indiana State Police adopted the P227 in 2013.

Lots of other departments were issuing hammer fired guns in the 2010s, like the 92Ds in St. Louis.

What about the recent Staccato craze?

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Or two, really, thinking of the 2004 DHS HK contract. Anything come to mind?

Not debating the merits...just idle curiosity, sparked in part by the demise of Gaston.
    Within the last two decades? Too many to count. The nails in the coffin for DA/SA by US law enforcement were only set in the teens through a double whammy of, 1) near total abandonment of the 40S&W and 357 SIG, and 2) SIG shitting the bed on the legacy metal P-series, causing most of their institutional users to drop them like a box of rocks
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    What about the recent Staccato craze?
    There's a number of agencies that authorize the Staccato; not sure how many of those actually issue it as the standard sidearm.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I heard that Staccatos were for bike patrol only. You know, legacy of the U.S. cavalry that wanted them manual safeties when mounted on their ponies. I swear I saw a matching patrol bike recently

Name:  20240107_131700.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  104.1 KB
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The .40 Sig P229 DAKs that ICE and the US Coast Guard carried are the biggest ones I can think of other than the P2000s for CBP that were already mentioned.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Duplicate
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    In 2018, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office in Ohio (over 600 sworn) transitioned from an S&W .45 to 9mm SIG 226's and 239's (which I believe had been discontinued). I believe I first read this in a SigSauer-sponsored fluff piece and even that article that transition to a hammer-fired system was unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    In 2018, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office in Ohio (over 600 sworn) transitioned from an S&W .45 to 9mm SIG 226's and 239's (which I believe had been discontinued). I believe I first read this in a SigSauer-sponsored fluff piece and even that article that transition to a hammer-fired system was unusual.
    Um, no.

Hamilton County Ohio Sheriff’s office went from revolvers to DAO 3rd Gen S&W 40 cal. From there to M&P 40. They recently transitioned to the M&P9 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Um, no.

Hamilton County Ohio Sheriff’s office went from revolvers to DAO 3rd Gen S&W 40 cal. From there to M&P 40. They recently transitioned to the M&P9 2.0.
    Didn’t they briefly use those S&W/Walther things? S&W99 I think it was

User Tag List