Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2024

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How has the Dagger line held up?

Can you use an SCD with the Dagger's?
    No idea - I said quality was in some places and not others. How many AK, AR, ammunition companies, silencer companies has Glock started or acquired recently would be a good illustration.

ETA: If I misread the tone of this - which I believe I may have - apologies.

I don’t have first hand experience with the Daggers. I assumed snark! If no snark - I apologize.
    Last edited by BWT; 01-20-2024 at 05:35 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How has the Dagger line held up?
    Depends on what you want it to do. I doubt the type of person who will put 50K+ rounds through a pistol will be using a Dagger to do it. The person who spends $350 for a Dagger, rather than $550 for a new Glock 19, will probably be the type of person that won't ever shoot it enough to show how it "holds up," relative to a real Glock.

I have a Dagger slide and barrel that is on my dry fire gun, and for use as a spare if I ever go to a major match. I've got about 300 hundred rounds through it, and it's been reliable so far, except for this problem:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-Dagger-slide

I'm using the PSA lifetime warranty to resolve that.

I will occasionally check zero on that gun, with that slide and barrel, and that's it. So it will be a long time before I ever hit even 1000 rounds.

My guess is most of the Dagger buyers will never put more than a couple thousand rounds through the gun, and it will will serve them well.

Sig, or somebody/anybody, should make a good thumb safety for the P365 guns.

For goodness sake, somebody call Bill Wilson! He should be able to make a decent thumb safety.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    No idea - I said quality was in some places and not others. How many AK, AR, ammunition companies, silencer companies has Glock started or acquired recently would be a good illustration.

ETA: If I misread the tone of this - which I believe I may have - apologies.

I don’t have first hand experience with the Daggers. I assumed snark! If no snark - I apologize.

No worries. It was a genuine question, but the internet doesn't always make tone easy to pick up on.

Even if they were throw away guns that would only last 5k rounds, they are still a great deal for the intended audience.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    "Sig drops new gun at Shot Show" just doesn't have the same BANG to it that it used to.
    FIFY
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    How about “”Sig drops new gun at Shot Show, and everyone ducked.”?
    Heh! Well done!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Sig, or somebody/anybody, should make a good thumb safety for the P365 guns.

For goodness sake, somebody call Bill Wilson! He should be able to make a decent thumb safety.
    UNK's guy is working on one. Armorycraft says theirs are machined, just out being coated.

Site Supporter
    Couple things that have popped up in my youtube feed that I don't think have been mentioned (but I might have missed).

Mossberg has Thunder Ranch 590 and 940 shotguns coming out. The most interesting thing is that the 590 has an optics cut like a 940 pro.

https://www.mossberg.com/firearms/sh...ch-series.html

Another interesting gun is a Savage scout rifle. Looks heavy, but they do make a lefty (or at least they say they will) and my guess is it would be pleasant to shoot. Not sure about how pleasant it would be carry.

https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=58172

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    None of it will happen...

Night vision and IR pointers that I can afford.

Introduction of an updated Beretta Bobcat and Tomcat. Not sure what would be improved, just hate that they're going away. Better sights and different grip and safety options?

Threading standard on Tikka T3X base models.

Damn near everything I want is already on the market.
    Intresting story on Instgram by JJ Racaza about Shotshow range day.

Looks like my thoughts on a new bobcat might work out.

Name:  Screenshot_20240121_123959_Instagram.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  37.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I just searched the exhibitor list, apparently Sig Sauer is not at the show this year. Is that weird?
    I beleive they have skipped last few years

User Tag List