Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: SHOT Show 2024

I still have a REIN 3.0 on one gun, but since switching to Surefire M340DFT-PRO, I now have 3 of them and couldn’t be happier. The integrated mount is awesome, by the way.

The Rein 3.0 is expensive but if you were to set up the two primary competitors (the Surefire DFT or Modlite PLHv2) in the same configuration, they’d cost the same or more. If you want a remote switch that can do momentary and constant on and a remote switch compatible tailcap that can do momentary and constant on, you’re adding a substantial amount of money to the cost of the Surefire or Modlite product.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Edit: Wait, is the 22lr gone? That's a huge bummer if so. The 22lr is the biggest interest for me. The fun of a supprrssed plinker pocket that can be suppressed. Even if a 20X isn't available at the moment, I like the direction things are moving.
    I don't think a .22lr model of the new setup has been officially announced, but things were said at SHOT.... Putting it in writing, I'll just say that I'd like to think our releases the last few years have shown we do listen to you all and know a thing or two. Also it's easier to make a .22 our of a .32 than vice versa. Plus its a pain to spin up 2 new guns in different calibers on the same line for a simultaneous launch; much easier to split them up over a the course of a couple quarters.

Separately, I didnt get to walk the floor much this year, but I hear something about someone remaking a PM12 in semiauto for impart? That's neat. All the serious shotgun folk I know are quite interested in the PSA 570. And I have an order in for one of those Lipsey's S&W J frames, very excited for that.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

This was apparently the Year of the Levergun, as just about everyone and their brother was making one.

Things I saw that interested me, in no particular order (well, other than the first one, obviously):

1. Federal is finally making FFC in 20ga. 10x #2 buck pellets @ 1325, and based on my conversations with some of their tech guys, that was specifically engineered to get 12"-15" penetration in calibrated gel. I call that a win, and I'll definitely be getting some for my 20ga 870s.
    2. Aridus' 1301 heat shield. Until now, pretty much every heat shield on the market has been CTD-grade jank. Adam put together a really intriguing method for his, and I think it's gonna be a winner, especially combined with the upgrades he's doing to his Magpul handguard setup.
    3. Smith/Lipsey's/AFR's Ultimate Carry J-frame. I don't have a whole lot of use for revolvers as serious-use guns, but a J-frame is an exception to that, and this is what the J-frame should have been for the last 30+ years. You better believe I've got one on order, in .32 as God intended.
    4. Beretta continues to improve the 1301, with a far better pistol grip option with the Chisel stock vs. the old Mesa. Personally I don't have much of a fondness for the pro lifter, and I don't need a match-grade or flat trigger on a shotgun, but the market has spoken and Beretta listened.
    5. Speaking of Beretta, their collaboration with LTT has me actually considering buying a PX4 after 20 years of dismissing it. The one I shot at range day was a flat-shooting, soft-recoiling machine, even without the compensator. And I believe Ernest when he says it's a more durable gun than the 92 (which is already a damned solid blaster, one I've carried and shot with for decades at this point.)
    6. PSA's shotgun is super interesting. When I first saw a photo of it the day before the show officially started, I was intrigued. The more I looked at it, the more I saw that they clearly worked with someone who knew how to use a gauge. The little features like the contouring of the front of the trigger guard to guide shells into that hogged-out loading port, the optics cut in the receiver, the ability to strip it without removing barrel/mag tube, the best parts of 870 and 590 actions combined into one, plus the ability to configure the barrel/mag tube at the end-user level... these all speak to me. If they go forward with making these, you best believe I'll have at least one if not more to play with. Just not with the 'Magpul we have at home' furniture they were showing at the booth....

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    6. PSA's shotgun is super interesting.
    I didn't know about this, and now... Well you all know the rest of the sentence.

And I say again:
    This Damn Place...

Site Supporter
    Another couple of improved Mossbergs. I like the ghost ring over the direct cut plate:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    6. PSA's shotgun is super interesting. When I first saw a photo of it the day before the show officially started, I was intrigued. The more I looked at it, the more I saw that they clearly worked with someone who knew how to use a gauge. The little features like the contouring of the front of the trigger guard to guide shells into that hogged-out loading port, the optics cut in the receiver, the ability to strip it without removing barrel/mag tube, the best parts of 870 and 590 actions combined into one, plus the ability to configure the barrel/mag tube at the end-user level... these all speak to me. If they go forward with making these, you best believe I'll have at least one if not more to play with. Just not with the 'Magpul we have at home' furniture they were showing at the booth....
    It looks like Steve Fisher was involved with it for certain and he's one of a few people I listen to on shotgun stuff. Looked a lot like the "870 with a 500/590 safety" many of us wanted for years may finally happen. On the "Vote for what we make", that one was the first one I checked off. I need more shotguns like a fat kid needs more doughnuts, but I'm pretty interested in this.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

https://seekinsprecision.com/rifles-...es-rifles.html

Not really new as people were talking about it last year, but seekins officially launching this is pretty cool. Given they already sold out of the initial run of guns, I think these will sell really well.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    It looks like Steve Fisher was involved with it for certain and he's one of a few people I listen to on shotgun stuff. Looked a lot like the "870 with a 500/590 safety" many of us wanted for years may finally happen. On the "Vote for what we make", that one was the first one I checked off. I need more shotguns like a fat kid needs more doughnuts, but I'm pretty interested in this.
    Yup. Fisher had a big hand in it, apparently, and it shows in a lot of the little touches.

Honestly the only thing I don't care for is the Glock-pattern front sight, because I'm just waiting for it to go walkabout under recoil

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List