Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2024

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    None of it will happen...

Night vision and IR pointers that I can afford.

Introduction of an updated Beretta Bobcat and Tomcat. Not sure what would be improved, just hate that they're going away. Better sights and different grip and safety options?

Threading standard on Tikka T3X base models.

Damn near everything I want is already on the market.

More durable, more rounds, DAO option like the Taurus was.

Not really a prediction, per se. Rost Martin striker-fired pistol?

https://www.shootingwire.com/release...4-2cb2246f3b8e

Is the press release in advance of a SHOT unveiling? Dunno.

ETA: might as well throw up a little eye candy:

Name:  RM.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  27.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That's awesome. I went and looked up the website and configured one https://p7pro.com/ - a Ti framed P7 around 4k. To be honest, given the damn prices of P7s that's not outrageous.
    $1000 for an optic cut or slide serrations is ridiculous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Night vision and IR pointers that I can afford.
    What can you afford? The Z-Bolt ACAL is apparently going to be showing up at SHOT, and Z-Bolt is being quite firm at this moment that it will be 1500 USD for the civilian version. Briefs well on paper, at least.

Doubt it will happen but I would to see the new Marlin 336 in .35 Remington. More likely would be one released in the .360 Buckhammer.

This is always a fun thread to read. All I'll say on our end is the booth will be worth visiting this year, no matter which category of ours you're into.

For other folks, I'm curious when the Hudson will be coming back since the design got bought. Always love seeing whatever Keltec is up to. I want a good J frame format revolver with RDO capability and a bobbed hammer (I'm weird, I prefer that to enclosed), and as much as I will be trying out the Taurus and monkeying with it, I really do want a S&W option for that. Also whatever new stuff Taurus is up to with their new ethos. I'm always keeping an eye on Turkish shotguns.

Is SIG even at SHOT this year, or just releasing product at the same time again? No hate, just curious about making time to catch up with folks.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    While that's pretty cool, it's pretty much a P7 clone with a few modern features. I should have been clear about my fantasy of a "modern" design, incorporating the safety features of the P7.

I'd like a gun that incorporates the safety feature, and nice trigger pull, of the "squeeze cock," while incorporating other firearms modern design features. Do something to eliminate the overheating of the original, use a polymer frame, and a better grip shape/texture, along with the ability to adjust the grip for hand size, make it a double stack (I know the P7M13 was done, but it can be done better), true ambi controls, a "US" type mag release (done well like the Glock Gen4/5), etc, etc. Also, it needs come from a major manufacturer that delivers a quality product, at a reasonable price, and provide customer support.

I know I'll never see it, but it would be great.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A P365 sized P30 series HK in LEM.
    Yes please.... I would settle for a p2000 sized gun with usp LEM trigger, optics cut, and a bit more grip traction.

All the revolver stuff that everyone else has said- more TORO choices from Taurus and some competition from S & W, Ruger, and maybe Colt/CZ

More ammunition choices for .30 Super Carry, and a few more models chambered for it, especially RDO ready ones.
    It'd be cool as all get out if Beretta or CZ came up with an external hammer DA/SA variant in that chambering.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Not predicitons, but these are what I want to see and would spend $$ on:

1. Slimmer/lighter TDA pistol, a G48-ish option. I think if CZ put a plastic frame on a P01 they would have a workable gun for this niche. They could call it the Wraith or something.

2. Optics ready TDA pistols. Key is they need to be properly done, as in dots sitting low in the side and not losing the factory rear sights. Once again CZ has an easy button here as they could just cut all their CZ75 based guns for a K/rmsc pattern, ship with a cover plate. Done. My suspicion is CZ will come out with optics ready versions of their TDA guns at some point but will manage to screw up the execution somehow.

3. Better MPVO options. This is the biggest for me in terms of the amount of $$ that could be pried from my hands. A very lightweight 2.5-10 or a pretty lightweight (24oz max) 2.5-15 or 3-18 or similar. The key is it needs to have a great reticle for shooting fast and close on low mag, as well as a mil tree for use at high mag, have a great eyebox, and above all be LIGHT. The March 1.5-15 DFP is pretty close but im too poor atm.

4. Optics companies standardizing around the Acro or 509T cut, so plates can be a thing of the past and remove one big failure point for pistol RDS's. This one is truly a pipe dream!

5. Mini AEMS and VCSEL LAM from Holosun.

User Tag List