Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Considering the stash of 300BLK Pmags I’ve laid in… yeah, I think I need this one, too.
    Assuming my budget eventually allows, (and the things actually make it to market) I see myself getting either the Fightlite or Bond Arms space cowboy things in 5.56 for funsies and the Henry in .300BLK both for funsies and in case I need something that isn't scary-looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    It looks like I'm pleasantly surprised again because Henry has done just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I read your post and thought “that's kinda silly” and then I watched the video and now I want one
    I keep telling myself I do not need a lever gun, and sometimes I even question my commitment to 300BO.
    And I say once again:
    This damn place...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Considering the stash of 300BLK Pmags I’ve laid in… yeah, I think I need this one, too.
    I happen to have a few 10-round .300BLK and 10-round 5.56 Lancers myself (perfect for NY). FYI, for .300BO Supers, you want 5.56 mags.

As well as an absolute ton of components for reloading .300BO in both super and subsonic. Although, for my purposes, since silencers are verboten here, subsonics don't make much sense.

Regardless, I can't not buy one of these...I know I'm not the only person to suggest this idea, not the first, and maybe not even the first at/to Henry. But to me, Henry made this gun - for me - they could have just named it the Henry RevolverRob Supreme... - But Lever Action Supreme is...okay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Depends on what you want it to do. I doubt the type of person who will put 50K+ rounds through a pistol will be using a Dagger to do it. The person who spends $350 for a Dagger, rather than $550 for a new Glock 19, will probably be the type of person that won't ever shoot it enough to show how it "holds up," relative to a real Glock.

I have a Dagger slide and barrel that is on my dry fire gun, and for use as a spare if I ever go to a major match. I've got about 300 hundred rounds through it, and it's been reliable so far, except for this problem:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-Dagger-slide

I'm using the PSA lifetime warranty to resolve that.

I will occasionally check zero on that gun, with that slide and barrel, and that's it. So it will be a long time before I ever hit even 1000 rounds.

My guess is most of the Dagger buyers will never put more than a couple thousand rounds through the gun, and it will will serve them well.
    I had a Dagger slide which I used for similar purposes and had no issues. But I was also using it with an OEM Glock barrel and RSA.

However, two local instructors whom I trust have advised they’ve seen several of the Dagger complete guns not make it through a 1 day pistol class. Variety of issues but spring failures were most common.

Site Supporter
    For some pathological reason, I'm attracted to the totally useless Bond Cyclops in 50 AE. Why? Old aged brain? If I carried it, I would need a back up - probably a NAA 22s Mini revolver - LOL.

Haven't really seen much that are a must buy. I have two 32 revolvers already. Two new Glock 17s so the Glock variants - yawn. Hicap 1911 - oids - got a SW 1911Sc Commander and live in a ban state.

Might be interested in an AR or that new Ruger 45 LC carbine - but banned.

New Tomcat - maybe. How does it work as a pocket gun vs. my G 42?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Grand Power Optics Ready DA/SA Line

So I've been watching every shot show video I can, hoping someone will FINALLY make a factory optics ready, high quality, da/sa 9mm handgun.
    CZ? Nope, nothing interesting there.
    Beretta? Cool new stuff, but no.

Then I stumbled onto this video with the new Grand Power pistols. Coverage starts at about 12:00:

I have a Grand Power P11 and it is a great gun. Love the recoil impulse with the rotating barrel, trigger is almost like a tuned CZ from the factory, takes modified CZ75 front sights and fits OK in a P07 holster. Now they are updating their whole line to be optics ready, as well as better grip texture. And unlike the CZ Shadow compact, they did it the right way and maintain the rear sight! These guns were already a great value for the features and build quality, and I'd recommend anyone interested in a modern DA/SA give them a look.

Winchester has a new .22 lever action. Looks interesting.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/produ...r/ranger.html#

Speaking of weapon lights…. Is Cloud Defensive at SHOT? I’m holding out hope for their pistol light that’s brighter and shorter than the X300U.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    Winchester has a new .22 lever action. Looks interesting.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/produ...r/ranger.html#
    So that's their new 9422.

I'm legitimately offended.

User Tag List