Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you shoot the best?

For years I floated between Glocks and 1911s. But honestly, for the last 7-8 years I can definitely say the Beretta 92 series is the easiest gun for me to shoot well. For years I was shooting revolvers in parallel with those other guns and then once I started shooting the Beretta everything clicked. Hilariously, I had avoided the Beretta for years because I didn't "like" the grip. Now, in retrospect, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. The full size Beretta grip is perfect for me (and I have exactly medium hands). The gun is fast, accurate, and easy to shoot at all sane pistol ranges. Love them. They are also the gun that when I shoot something else for a while when I come back to it there is absolutely zero refamiliarization. Again, it just clicks for me.

Following up on an earlier poster. I was shooting bill drills with my G19 today and I was getting early lock backs because my grip has migrated to a different style over the years. So yeah, we all know its usually just what you are used to.
    Last edited by Greg Bell; 01-08-2024 at 12:21 AM.

HK USPT 45 and HK USP 45 Expert. Either the match trigger or the Hybrid LEM / Match.

CCW HK USP 45 LEM variation. lose a small % vs Tactical or Expert.

Site Supporter
    Government model DW Valor, all steel in 9mm is like shooting with a cheat-code on. It’s a laser beam with minimal recoil. I have a bright orange front dot and shoot it like a red dot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Government model DW Valor, all steel in 9mm is like shooting with a cheat-code on. It’s a laser beam with minimal recoil. I have a bright orange front dot and shoot it like a red dot.
    What is your spring setup?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    What is your spring setup?
    13 lb recoil and 20 lb main Sprinco springs as recommended by Joe Chambers.

In factory trim, my consistent best, in all conditions, shooting fast or slow, has been the Ruger GP100 revolving pistol, with the original-pattern factory grip. An S&W K- or L-Frame revolving pistol, with suitable grips added, is equivalent. One time, after I had set aside my mid-sized revolvers, for three years, to concentrate upon being a better Nineteen Elevener, I ran the fast-paced PD qual course with my GP100, which caused me to despair that I had ever transitioned to auto-pistols for police duty.

On a good day, if not stressed, I could shoot a well-set-up-for-me 1911 as well as anything. “Could” is past tense. I very rarely train with the 1911, anymore.

Until it became a perfect storm for inciting arthritic pain, a dozen years ago, I could shoot a SIG P229 as well as anything.

The Glock G17 is a nicely “orthopedic” pistol, but it is not a precision target pistol, in my hands.

Long-stroke double-action is, in general, my more-stress-proof triggering skill. Combine that with a weapon that fits, and I do by “best.”
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkb View Post
    Most accurate rounds on target in the shortest time.
    Beretta PX4 Compact Carry, LTT TJIAB with 11# hammer spring, LTT RDO Solution with Holosun 507C.

For me, a Glock 21 Gen4/Gen5. As I’ve said in another thread, it’s like shooting with cheat codes on, particularly when equipped with sandpaper type Talon grips and Dawson sights. I don’t have huge hands, but something about the size and shape of the grip give me better control over the gun than any other pistol I’ve shot. Recoil and splits are about the same as shooting 9mm +P, but accuracy is simply objectively better. I plan on getting a G30 Gen 5 to compare. It’s been a while since I’ve shot a G30, but I also remember being amazed by my accuracy with it.

Second place goes to the USP 45 Full Size, followed by my G19 Gen 5’s.

5" 1911 in .45acp.

My gen3 G34 with Johnny Glocks trigger upgrade, FO front, and my hackjob sil. carbide grip. Ive been shooting that pistol for a long time though.

Honorable mention: I purchased one of the Steyr M9-A2s bc they are so cheap and I actually shoot it very well, even with the weirdo sights. The trigger is a bit mushy but it reminded me that I have adapted to shoot Glocks well, but I dont think they are naturally a fit for me which has me shopping.
    The HK LEM Light is what I am eyeballing, I think after 20 years of Glocks, its time for something new.
    <Matthew 10:28>

User Tag List