Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you shoot the best?

My 2011s, for sure.

Site Supporter
    Glock. The large square grip gives me the most consistent tracking and the rolling trigger gives me the best slow fire groups and least honked shots at speed.

If "best" is defined as "one chance to make a hit at any distance up to fifty yards", my 1964 A54 Ruger Standard RST6 is the choice. Untold thousands of rounds through this pistol allow for very precise shooting. If "best" is defined as a pistol I would carry for self-defense, it is the customized Kimber Warrior currently in my holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ruger P89

Glock Gen 3 G19 with Leupold DeltaPoint Micro RDS

Ruger Blackhawk

Ruger Security Six

Guns that I have that I know are exceptionally accurate, but I'm still a work in progress with them:

HK P30L V1.5 LEM

Glock Gen 3 G21

Beretta 92D

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Define best? Many people talk about “ best” but they don’t define what that means.
    In this context, wouldn’t it mean the pistol you shoot better than the others you have fired, across similar metrics?

For me, or depends on what I have been practicing with, though I have a MK3 22/45 that consistently somehow allows me to shoot better than I am able, so maybe that’s my best answer.

Site Supporter
    A Government Model 45 or a Glock 34.

S&W 686, GP100s are also very good for me. Slightly behind this are full-sized 1911 Government Models.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Without having objective performance metrics, subjective and fallible memory says my best pistol accuracy has come from my H&K P7 PSP and an early-production Springfield EMP.

If the former were still in production, I might still be carrying one. Yeah, I'd have to take four identical guns to a class and shoot one while the other three cooled, but the ergonomics just work for me in a way that nothing else ever has.

The latter was like the proverbial laser: amazingly accurate, excessively expensive, and prone to inconvenient and inexplicable failures. Two trips back to Springfield failed to make it reliable enough for carry, so I let it become someone else's problem. I occasionally regret not having it around as a range toy to make myself look more competent than I actually am.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

A fullsize USP, Beretta 92, or PX4 compact.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Realistically, full size, heavy guns with good triggers and large window dots.
    Name:  92XPD(2).jpg
Views: 536
Size:  79.7 KB

User Tag List