Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you shoot the best?

Currently p365xl with eps carry on a chopped macro frame with razorback

Vending Machine Operator
    Tie between a Smith & Wesson M&P45 2.0 4'6" and a CZ-75BD. I normally shoot Federal HST but had a thousand Hornady XTP 124 +P that I bought during an ammo drought. That round in the 75BD is accurate.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    My genuine answer is the most recent one I’ve put 2000 rounds through. For me nothing else really matters.
    +1 I approve this message.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The "best" accuracy-wise is a Ruger MkIII 22/45 with an old RMR on it. I practice trigger control with it at 25 yds, and have become pretty accurate with it. It has clearly, and significantly, helped my centerfire shooting.

The "best" for defensive use is a G26.5. Not sure why, but it, with an EPS and Apex trigger, just suits me. The path to it was lengthy: 1911s (from the 1970s), through various plastic pistols (including other Glocks), to this G26.5.

That said, although a bit slower with it at speed (a VERY relative term for an old guy), I do like the P365 series. And it may be "best" because I carry it more often.

Pure accuracy might be my MR73 Sport. That thing is a tack driver.

General mix of accuracy and speed will have to go to the comped 92 Elite race gun I built with 124gr. I need to get more rounds through my absolutely ridiculous (full LTT, optic, comp, light, magwell) PX4 full size build, but that has the potential to pass the Elite.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Custom 2011 Commander in 9mm - Briley barrel and bushing. That gun is so easy to shoot it's almost boring and capable of 1" groups at 25y shooting of the bench. About the only challenge is concealing the damn thing, but a 5Shot SME makes it possible.

A full size 1911 in 9MM with good ammo. It pains me to say that over a 1911 in .45ACP, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    The "best" accuracy-wise is a Ruger MkIII 22/45 with an old RMR on it. I practice trigger control with it at 25 yds, and have become pretty accurate with it. It has clearly, and significantly, helped my centerfire shooting.

The "best" for defensive use is a G26.5. Not sure why, but it, with an EPS and Apex trigger, just suits me. The path to it was lengthy: 1911s (from the 1970s), through various plastic pistols (including other Glocks), to this G26.5.

That said, although a bit slower with it at speed (a VERY relative term for an old guy), I do like the P365 series. And it may be "best" because I carry it more often.
    I really want to get another G26. I wish I never sold mine. Despite being small I can shoot them incredibly well, maybe even better than my 19s.

Maybe I’ll trade in my Gen 5 G17 for a G26 Gen 5 since I was just gifted a new reproduction Glock 17 Gen 1 which scratches the “gotta have the original model of Glock” itch I had when I bought the 17.

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkb View Post
    Most accurate rounds on target in the shortest time.
    LOL, that still doesn't mean anything. If I can shoot a 100-10X on a B-8 at 25 yards in 15 seconds on demand with Gun A, but fall apart if I push it any faster than that, and can never get above 95 on a B-8 at 25 yards with Gun B, but can always do it under 8 seconds, which gun is better? By asking for both "most accurate" and "shortest time", you still need to provide weightings of each metric to determine "best".

For me, I can shoot the my P30LSes the best. I can say this because that's literally all I know how to shoot at any decent speed, because those are the only handguns I've owned in the last decade besides my CP33 that is just a toy and I do not put any time into.

I can’t really say one platform, as I enjoy many. The CZ design is outstanding and I love the Swiss Phoenix CZ clones and the CZ Custom A01-LD

The Laugo Alien takes time to get used to, but now I love it.

The Sig Sauer X Series guns are also awesome shooters.

The 2011 is probably my favorite platform overall. I have a lot of them, but these are two of my smoothest.

User Tag List