Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you shoot the best?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    I can’t really say one platform, as I enjoy many. The CZ design is outstanding and I love the Swiss Phoenix CZ clones and the CZ Custom A01-LD

...well, now I want all of those just because they're so damn pretty.

For me, objectively, the best shooting I've done has been with my M&P. My P30 is a close second. Both of them come down to the grip and how it fits my hands. The M&P gets an edge in objective performance because it has a dot and a hand-fitted barrel in it.
    3/15/2016

1911 Government Model 45 ACP.
    SiG P225a1.
    K Frame revolvers.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

My "if I could only have one gun" USPc9 with Gray Guns action job and RMR.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    The pistol I shoot the most is the pistol I shoot the best

Smith K-22, Smith 19, 586, single action Ruger 45.

The one highly mechanically accurate auto I had was a 1968 Colt National Match. Rested I could shoot pretty tight groups, standing, fair to good, but never as consistently good as revolvers and it always took a lot more work to achieve and maintain that lower level. It just didnt seem worth the effort after a couple decades of messing with them.

A Smith model 41 was highly accurate, able to hit prairie dogs @ 80 yards without breaking a sweat from kneeling rested on a knee, but wasnt something I could hit running rabbits with. Revolvers make things like that seem easy.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

If I had a Staccato or a CZ Shadow I might shoot them better. But I literally only have Glocks. Out of all of them this is best shooter. My IDPA pistol - Gen 5 17 MOS. Decent DIY grip job including “glove bevels”, Overwatch DAT, a few tweaks to the trigger components resulting in about 3.9lb break. It’s a damn good pistol.

Name:  IMG_7192.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  84.1 KB
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

I've long since given up chasing the latest in ''tactical hotness''; settled on my well-worn Gen 3 17 (early 2005) with ≈30,000 rounds down the tube...

Name:  IMG_20240114_153409659~2.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  96.1 KB
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

i shoot the CZ P09 and P07 the best because I just naturally shoot them well easily. It really suprosed me as I have guns that cost much more, but the P09/P07 just require very lottle effort on my part to shoot well.

Any quality 5 inch 1911 with 200 grain LSWC loaded to just barely make power factor in the gun games.

Second to that, whatever CZ I had for a hot minute when I thought I was going to get serious about gun games.

ETA:
    It just occurred to me that many moons ago at a Florida IDPA state match they had a side stage where you shot, I think, a Sig P210? Honestly, that's probably the pistol I shot the best ever, and I put maybe one mag through it. This would have been sometime in maybe the early 00s...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

1911 govt. But it's probably because i've got alot of time almost exclusively behind it. A 1911 was the first pistol i ever bought when I was 22, and almost three decades later, I'm still on the 1911

User Tag List