Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol do you shoot the best?

Oof, that's tough... If I had to answer at gunpoint (pun intended)...

M&P 2.0 Apex Flat Trigger/Gunsmith barrel
    USP Expert 45
    Glock 21 G4/G5
    S&W 627 Pro
    Shadow 2

Lots of interesting replies so far.

I've had my px4 for about a
    Year and have been getting a the hand of it , sometimes I'm dead on but other times I a struggle with it I think it's a combo of finger placement when transitioning from da to sa as well the stock sights.

Overall I have shot glocks clones quite well. I did most of my newbie pistol shooting on a polymer80 g19, I just put together a nice g19 clone on a combat armory frame and find that really nice for me. I should really just setup a gen 5 glock tbh.

I do have one of those Sao jerichos that i got say just is easy to use.

My optic'd WC Colt LW Commander 9mm. I was able to shoot it better than my optic'd Glock 19.

My P239 with irons also seems to shoot well for me.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I shoot a Glock 17 the best. Gen 2,3 or 4, doesn't matter. I don't have a 5.

I have tried several different pistols. LTT 92, PX4CC, Custom CZ 75 Shadow, several Custom 1911s in both 45ACP and 9mm.

I have selected one of the above, practiced a few days with it and then run several of the standard drills and also shot local IDPA matches. I can then pick up a G-17, and with no practice or dry fire, shoot a better score. All with similar iron sights and similar holster setups.

I can also shoot 38 Special K-Frames pretty well.

I agree with the other responses of what I shoot the most, I shoot the best. For the last few years that's been an M&P9 M2.0 with an optic. A couple days ago I zeroed my "new to me" M&P Competitor with a 507 Comp and I felt like I couldn't miss with it. I don't know if it was the metal frame, 5" barrel, or bigger window optic but it felt so easy to shoot accurately.

If I had to pick a gun that I can pick up after not using or practicing with it and still shoot it well would be a Sig 229 DA/SA. I haven't trained or used a 229 in quite some time but everytime I have an opportunity to shoot one everything just clicks. I love the 229.

Site Supporter
    For the most part, a g45 with a dot is what I shoot best because it’s what I shoot the most.

The two most notable exceptions are a PX4cc with a red dot done up by Langdon tactical. The first drill I shot with this gun (after zeroing) was the test, and it was also the first time I shot a 100 on the test. The gun gave me a few too many FTFs or else I’d still have it and would likely be carrying it.

The other is a 9mm NHC falcon that I’m currently transitioning to from RDS glocks. It’s absurdly easy to shoot, even if I’m not used to how much the muzzle dips at the end of the recoil cycle. I suspect with a red dot it’ll be right at the top of the list.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    For the most part, a g45 with a dot is what I shoot best because it’s what I shoot the most.

The two most notable exceptions are a PX4cc with a red dot done up by Langdon tactical. The first drill I shot with this gun (after zeroing) was the test, and it was also the first time I shot a 100 on the test. The gun gave me a few too many FTFs or else I’d still have it and would likely be carrying it.

The other is a 9mm NHC falcon that I’m currently transitioning to from RDS glocks. It’s absurdly easy to shoot, even if I’m not used to how much the muzzle dips at the end of the recoil cycle. I suspect with a red dot it’ll be right at the top of the list.

What do you think caused the issues with your PX4?

M610
    Name:  S&W M610 230715.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  65.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What do you think caused the issues with your PX4?
    Talked to LTT about it, they seemed to think it was thumb pressure. It was an issue I haven’t had with anything since and never had prior to that though. Would manifest primarily in SHO shooting, but also occurred when manually cycling ammo. The round would load about 3/4 into the chamber and would need to be tapped into battery.

In the end I decided it wasn’t worth changing my grip for performance gain on what amounts to a TDA g19, when I had a g19 that worked fine with the grip I had.

Of course, now I’ve got a 1911 that I’m needing to change elements of my grip on, so I can’t say I’d make the same decision again.

User Tag List