Thread: David Soul, R.I.P.

Site Supporter

David Soul, R.I.P.

Star of "Starsky & Hutch", was also in Magnum Force. The place and cause of death haven't yet been released. From the NY Times:

David Soul, a doleful-eyed blond actor and singer who rose to fame portraying one half of a cagey crime-fighting duo on the hit 1970s television show “Starsky & Hutch,” and also scored a No. 1 hit single in 1977 with “Don’t Give Up On Us,” died on Thursday. He was 80.

His death was confirmed in a statement by his wife, Helen Snell, who did not specify a cause or say where he died. He had been living in Britain since 1995 and became a British citizen in 2004.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Been watching some Magnum Force clips this evening. And of course...

David Soul and Starsky make cameo appearances in the most excellent movie Starsky and Hutch. I was a very big fan of Adam 12, and didn’t see very many episodes of the TV Starsky and Hutch.

David Soul, R.I.P.

OH NO!!

Starsky and Hutch was my favorite show as a kid and remained so until 2001 when The Shield came out. It still remains in my top 5 today and I own all the series on DVD. He made me want a Python. I liked all his stuff. I even tracked down a copy of World War 3 several years back.

Fun fact, he carried a 2” Smith in the pilot. The next couple episodes he had a 4” Python. Then he switched to a 6” Python. From what I read it was David Soul’s choice to go to the 6” Python, after an episode where another actor was using one.

RIP my friend I never met.

I enjoyed his work. I watched Starsky and Hutch, Magnum Force and even Here Come the Brides.

Starsky and Hutch was my favorite show as a kid and remained so until 2001 when The Shield debuted. David's Soul, Rest In Peace

User Tag List