Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a PDP Pro

Talk me out of a PDP Pro

Hello everyone. I have a dilemma and thought maybe I could get some guidance here. Im a long time Glock guy and I love them if they are setup the way I like them. I can shoots Glocks well and have always had great luck with them. I mad the switch to red dots a while back and I prefer them. However I feel like I have to work a little harder to stay proficient with my Glocks when I have dots on them. I also have a Staccato P with a dot and I feel like I just dont have to work as hard to pick that gun up and run it with the dot.

Im thinking this is a grip angle thing. Its the presentation from the holster that seems to make the difference. Obviously this is a training issue and could be fixed. But curiosity has me thinking. Id kind of like to try another striker gun with a non Glock grip angle and just see how it goes. Unfortunately I dont have access to one to try. My main shooting buddy moved away.

So Im considering picking up either a PDP Pro or maybe a M&P 2.0 and throwing one of my dots on it and trying it for a couple of months. I have a red dot class in April and would like to have my kit nailed down before then. I was leaning towards a PDP but kept reading about how snappy that gun is. Also read a couple of reports about M&P 2.0s having questionable accuracy past 15 yards. I know this forum is full of guys that actually shoot and train so I came here for some opinions. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Both are fine alternatives to the Glock, that will point more like your 2011. The PDP will likely have a better trigger and be more accurate than the M&P. You should handle a PDP and see how the beaver tail feels in your hands. The flat of the beaver tail on the left side of the PDP whacks the base of my strong hand thumb. I have dremeled it and that helps but is still not ideal for me. If you like the Glocks except for their grip angle, you could get a Shadow Systems lower, install the 1911 angle back strap and run that with a Glock upper. I just did that and it points like an Sig now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Both are fine alternatives to the Glock, that will point more like your 2011. The PDP will likely have a better trigger and be more accurate than the M&P. You should handle a PDP and see how the beaver tail feels in your hands. The flat of the beaver tail on the left side of the PDP whacks the base of my strong hand thumb. I have dremeled it and that helps but is still not ideal for me. If you like the Glocks except for their grip angle, you could get a Shadow Systems lower, install the 1911 angle back strap and run that with a Glock upper. I just did that and it points like an Sig now.
    Is the PDP has hardh recoiling as some people say?

Quote Originally Posted by RDT806 View Post
    Is the PDP has hardh recoiling as some people say?
    It feels more abrupt but the flip side is it cycles fast. A Glock feels way softer. You buy a PDP for its trigger, and how it points, and you live with the recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It feels more abrupt but the flip side is it cycles fast. A Glock feels way softer. You buy a PDP for its trigger, and how it points, and you live with the recoil.
    Yeah that’s kind of the consensus Ive seen. Not sure how much it would bother me.

Yeah that’s kind of the consensus Ive seen. Not sure how much it would bother me.
    If you are willing to step up to a five inch PDP, that shoots softer than the shorter ones, and is more like a Glock. Walther has announced a polymer five inch with the Dynamic Performance trigger that is an attractive offering.

Site Supporter
    Hello everyone. I have a dilemma and thought maybe I could get some guidance here. Im a long time Glock guy and I love them if they are setup the way I like them. I can shoots Glocks well and have always had great luck with them. I mad the switch to red dots a while back and I prefer them. However I feel like I have to work a little harder to stay proficient with my Glocks when I have dots on them. I also have a Staccato P with a dot and I feel like I just dont have to work as hard to pick that gun up and run it with the dot.

Im thinking this is a grip angle thing. Its the presentation from the holster that seems to make the difference. Obviously this is a training issue and could be fixed. But curiosity has me thinking. Id kind of like to try another striker gun with a non Glock grip angle and just see how it goes. Unfortunately I dont have access to one to try. My main shooting buddy moved away.

So Im considering picking up either a PDP Pro or maybe a M&P 2.0 and throwing one of my dots on it and trying it for a couple of months. I have a red dot class in April and would like to have my kit nailed down before then. I was leaning towards a PDP but kept reading about how snappy that gun is. Also read a couple of reports about M&P 2.0s having questionable accuracy past 15 yards. I know this forum is full of guys that actually shoot and train so I came here for some opinions. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would lump the P10c and Echelon into your considerations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    I would lump the P10c and Echelon into your considerations as well.
    Yes the Echelon is definitely on the list also. I had a P10c. It wasnt optics ready. The controls were unusable. But I hear they have fixed that. The grip texture is horrible IMHO. So Id have to get it stippled. That one thing I like about the PDP, M&P and Echelon. The grip is great out of the box. Plus the Echelon optics system is really cool.

Site Supporter

Re: snappiness

The PDP comes with an 18lb recoil spring. It’s noticeably over sprung and benefits greatly from swapping that for a 13 or 15lb spring.

I’ve had good luck with the ZR Tactical RSA offerings.

Plus the Echelon optics system is really cool.
    Did not perform adequately in Aaron Cowan’s testing. He opined that it is inadequate for impacts and needs a proper plate system.

User Tag List