Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a PDP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Re: snappiness

The PDP comes with an 18lb recoil spring. It’s noticeably over sprung and benefits greatly from swapping that for a 13 or 15lb spring.

I’ve had good luck with the ZR Tactical RSA offerings.
    Yeah Ive seen that too. I just ordered an OD Green Pro. So hoping I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Did not perform adequately in Aaron Cowan’s testing. He opined that it is inadequate for impacts and needs a proper plate system.
    Yeah I actually just read a post about that. I order an OD Green PDP Pro. Hoping I like.

+1 on the CZ P10 series. You can find OR versions for around $400 mark. The non-OR models are in the low threes. A inexpensive way to try something new. Shot a M&P 2.0 Compact back to back with a P-10 C. Much preferred the P-10 C over my carry 2.0. In fact, I was taking private shooting lessons with the M&P and really struggled past 15 yards to make good hits. Broke out the CZ once it was acquired and I beat my instructor on a dueling tree at 25. Beginners luck/new gun syndrome? IDK.

CZ also discounted the mag prices for these to under $30 each. That’s close to Glock mag prices for metal mags.

Site Supporter
    OK, here goes.

Don't buy a PDP Pro!

How's that? (smiley face goes here)

Dave

PS: Don't do what you hear on the internet. Make your own decisions.

You shoot a Staccato P better than a Glock because of the excellent single action trigger, minimal recoil, and it is just a very easy gun to shoot.

What you give up the Staccato is size/bulk, price and complexity compared to a Glock. A Glock can be shot just as well, but you have to work for it. What you get with the Glock is a cheap, lightweight, fairly slim package, with extreme simplicity. They just work and are by far the most efficient gun on the market. Every vendor makes holsters and accessories for them.

Why not a PDP? It's your money and if you want to play with different guns have at it. The PDP is more complex than the Glock, is more limited for aftermarket and factory support, but has a nicer trigger out of the box.

In all honesty, all plastic 9mm striker fired guns shoot about the same. You can put together a whole table of them to pickup and try, but when it comes down to it there are more similarities than there are differences.

I own a whole safe full of guns and can't see to get away from Glocks. They just work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RDT806 View Post
    Yeah Ive seen that too. I just ordered an OD Green Pro. So hoping I like it.
    Try lighter springs before you give up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Did not perform adequately in Aaron Cowan’s testing. He opined that it is inadequate for impacts and needs a proper plate system.
    I'm assuming this info is only on his Patreon page, as I can only find his 1000 test on YouTube, and his impressions then were favorable.

Also, has only tested the original "Gen 1" optic cut, or has he evaluated the "Gen 2?"

https://waltherarms.com/blog/walther...nting-system-2

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Try lighter springs before you give up on it.
    Yes for sure! About to order some

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I'm assuming this info is only on his Patreon page, as I can only find his 1000 test on YouTube, and his impressions then were favorable.

Also, has only tested the original "Gen 1" optic cut, or has he evaluated the "Gen 2?"

You’re right about the PDP optics plate upgrade and I know the thread is about the PDP but I think the context plate comment re SAGE was part of the side discussion about the Springfield Echelon ?

I initially thought the same thing you did until I reread.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post

Sorry for the confusion, I was responding to a comment about the SA Echelon system.

User Tag List