Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2" and 2.5" K Frames Are Cool.

Found a brand new in box gold Tyler T and I think it looks spiffy on the 10-8 MSP snub.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Those actually look sick. Do they actually work as well as Pachmayr grips, in terms of making the gun more shootable? Or are they just for looks?

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Those actually look sick. Do they actually work as well as Pachmayr grips, in terms of making the gun more shootable? Or are they just for looks?
    I think Tyler's make it more shootable but certainly not as much as a good set of different grips would.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    I am not SouthNarc, but, well, the amount of “more shootable” depends on multiple factors. If the existing grips are “almost” perfect, but a shooter needs the gun to sit a bit higher, a Tyler T-grip may be the bees’ knees. Personally, my hands are long, but not wide, and, I would rather the bore axis be as low as practicable, so, a Tyler T-grip situates the weapon too high, for me. My almost-daily-carry S&W Model 64 has just the S&W Magna grip panels. No adapter. This is not perfect, but it works better, for me, than using a Tyler grip adapter. I only shoot standard-pressure .38 Specials, in my 2” K-Frames, so, the extra cushioning of neoprene is not needed. (I will use neoprene, to shoot .357 Mags, in my Model 19.)

When I REALLY gripped an N-Frame or K-Frame HARD, when using a grip adapter, it torques the grip adapter, to one side, which is annoying, to me, and, the metal edges rasp holes into the wood grips, which was not a problem, because I have not worried much about the resale value of carry guns. I parted with my Tyler T-Grips more than 30 years ago.

I do not routinely carry Colt DA revolvers, but a Tyler T-Grip would be very useful, if I did so, with Colt grips that do not fill-in, between the trigger guard and front grip strap. This is due to the different design geometry.

If you are referring to neoprene rubber Pachmayr, well, there is no way a smooth bit of metal is going to make a gun more “grippy” in one’s hand, or be as stable, overall, as an entire gripping area being uniformly made of neoprene.

If you want the rear of the weapon’s grip to be smooth, rather than “grippy,” a grip adapter may well fit your needs. Speaking of Pachmayr, well, Pachmayr used to make grip adapters, but the material that contacted one’s hand was a plastic, not metal.

This is all my personal opinion and personal experience. My hands are almost certainly different from your hands.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I regret passing up all the $500 SW66 2.5in in the last dozen years or so but heres my contribution to the snub nose 6 shot

SW 10-6 and Ruger speed six. Close enough to a K frame. I wish Ruger still made this exact gun. I love everything about it

Name:  K frame.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  27.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I regret passing up all the $500 SW66 2.5in in the last dozen years or so but heres my contribution to the snub nose 6 shot

SW 10-6 and Ruger speed six. Close enough to a K frame. I wish Ruger still made this exact gun. I love everything about it

Name:  K frame.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  27.2 KB
    Speed Sixes are damn cool.

Notice that the Speed Six frame is shaped differently, between the rear of the trigger guard, and the front strap, compared to a K-Frame. Less “need” for a grip adapter; nice!

I wish that I had noticed this, about the Speed/Service/Security Six, years earlier than I did.
    Last edited by Rex G; 02-15-2024 at 08:50 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I was issued a 4” Security Six in 89. For a long time after we traded them in, I had my eyes peeled for a 2 3/4” version. The Rugers of any Six variation rarely appear in used gun cases around here.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I was issued a 4” Security Six in 89. For a long time after we traded them in, I had my eyes peeled for a 2 3/4” version. The Rugers of any Six variation rarely appear in used gun cases around here.
    Same but funny enough my LGS just got a blued version of the one I have. Ill check it out later if its still there. My came from a batch of trade in PD/Security guns. I want to say it was around 2015ish

Brought the sights a few clicks right after this.

User Tag List