Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hellcat RDP

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    My biggest issue with the p365 series was the beaver tail honestly. Both on the stock frame and with the Wilson, these short guns on my body force the beaver tail into my torso in a much more uncomfortable way than larger guns, including B92s and 1911s. I’ve dremeled the beavertails down on both, and found that if they were small enough to carry comfortably, they tended to cut my hands up. The rear of the slide/frame on the slimline glocks don’t do that for whatever reason, and neither do the hellcat or shield plus.

This is a small gun quest that could very well end in a .22 LCR loaded with federal punch, but options are fun to explore.
    I can see how this would be a problem on the p365

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I think SIG is probably to blame for the confusion. I know they currently refer to the comped version as "XMACRO COMP" and the non-comped is just "XMACRO", but I'm not sure that naming convention existed at the inception of the XMACRO guns.
    It did not.

What is know known as the X MACRO COMP was the original version of the X MACRO.

That was then followed by the “TAC OPS” (no comp).

It’s interesting that they have redesignated the original model with the comp and now have two separate non-com models.

A cynic would imply that might indicate they know there’s a problem with the comp guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Data point of one, but my co-worker has a PC 9mm Shield EZ. Where the port is located, the barrel is back bored slightly, like a mini-expansion chamber. So, the port does not touch the rifling.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...l-thumb-safety
    That is certainly good to know!

Site Supporter
    Finally got out to shoot a hellcat (not an RDP) next to my g48 and a shield plus.

I shot some 5x5 drills, some 5 yard roundups, and some half tests (5 rounds 5 seconds 10 yards) and found the shield plus to shoot on par with or slightly better than the g48, while the hellcat lagged significantly. The triggers are a wash, the shield trigger may actually be my least favorite, but it’s got enough front to back real estate in the grip for me to actually get a significant amount of my support hand on the gun, and enough of a backstrap to keep me from getting slide bite like I do on the g48. I’m still mildly intrigued by the RDP, but at the moment I’m thinking a shield plus is going to be the best answer for me.

User Tag List