Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat RDP

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    I completely agree. That’s why watching Pannone’s testing has been so interesting, his examples have run flawlessly thus far.

As to why a comp, really just because it’s an interesting concept that provides benefit when it works reliably. Reliability aside, small guns are the place where comps make the most sense on carry guns, because they’re the ones that are hardest to shoot well.
    I likely will pick one up to vet in the end, was just looking for feedback from better shooters than me in the meantime. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll probably go for a 4 inch shield plus.
    I feel like the p365 and p365xl shoot very well with a wilson or chopped macro frame. Almost g19 (not quite)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    I feel like the p365 and p365xl shoot very well with a wilson or chopped macro frame. Almost g19 (not quite)
    My biggest issue with the p365 series was the beaver tail honestly. Both on the stock frame and with the Wilson, these short guns on my body force the beaver tail into my torso in a much more uncomfortable way than larger guns, including B92s and 1911s. I’ve dremeled the beavertails down on both, and found that if they were small enough to carry comfortably, they tended to cut my hands up. The rear of the slide/frame on the slimline glocks don’t do that for whatever reason, and neither do the hellcat or shield plus.

This is a small gun quest that could very well end in a .22 LCR loaded with federal punch, but options are fun to explore.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Isn't a regular Macro slide the same length as an XL? Why combine an XL slide with a Macro Lower?
    Likely for the accuracy issues mentioned above.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Dump the comp. Get better velocity from longer barrel
    Likely for the accuracy issues mentioned above.
    There are not one, but TWO versions of the Macro that do not have a comp. So why replace a non-comped slide with a 365XL slide? Makes no sense to me.

Site Supporter
    There are not one, but TWO versions of the Macro that do not have a comp. So why replace a non-comped slide with a 365XL slide? Makes no sense to me.
    The accuracy issues are specific to the comped model, so if you have a TACOPS macro or the other non comped one that already has a 365xl slide on it, this is an issue that doesn’t apply to you.

I think we are all on the same page but using different language. When you said "same length," it was unclear that you were referring to the 3.7 length (no expansion chamber) and not the 3.1 plus expansion chamber that is about 3.7 in length. A 3.7 barrel and slide is obviously the same whether it comes on a model of the Macro or on an XL.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think we are all on the same page but using different language. When you said "same length," it was unclear that you were referring to the 3.7 length (no expansion chamber) and not the 3.1 plus expansion chamber that is about 3.7 in length. A 3.7 barrel and slide is obviously the same whether it comes on a model of the Macro or on an XL.
    I think SIG is probably to blame for the confusion. I know they currently refer to the comped version as "XMACRO COMP" and the non-comped is just "XMACRO", but I'm not sure that naming convention existed at the inception of the XMACRO guns.

Site Supporter
    I think SIG is probably to blame for the confusion. I know they currently refer to the comped version as "XMACRO COMP" and the non-comped is just "XMACRO", but I'm not sure that naming convention existed at the inception of the XMACRO guns.
    It did not. The only Macro was the comped XMACRO.

The slide on the non comped XMACRO is the same as a 365XL slide.

Very confusing. My wife and I now define 365 pistols by their grip module and their upper. Macro now means just a grip module.

So a 365 pistol consisting of a Macro grip module and a non ported 3.7 slide and barrel becomes a "Macro/3.7 XL."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

......and the only other similar option around seems to be the ported shields from the PC. Ports interest me less than comps, just because of jacket shaving issues.
    Data point of one, but my co-worker has a PC 9mm Shield EZ. Where the port is located, the barrel is back bored slightly, like a mini-expansion chamber. So, the port does not touch the rifling.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...l-thumb-safety
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List