Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with aiwb

Help with aiwb

So I got my aiwb today from jmc, it’s a wing claw 2.0 for a 1911 5” with rail. I think I messed up, I ordered it with the extra tuck, not knowing what I was ordering, and got the teardrop wedge. Can I still use the teardrop? I can’t seem to get things to hide well. Any tips?

I added a pic to show it while carrying. Can you tell I’m carrying it looks like I’m printing big time to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    So I got my aiwb today from jmc, it’s a wing claw 2.0 for a 1911 5” with rail. I think I messed up, I ordered it with the extra tuck, not knowing what I was ordering, and got the teardrop wedge. Can I still use the teardrop? I can’t seem to get things to hide well. Any tips?

I added a pic to show it while carrying. Can you tell I’m carrying it looks like I’m printing big time to me

You can put velcro over the "extra tuck" bump and use a pillow wedge like Mastermind.

Can you post a pic of the gun over an undershirt so we can say where it is and isn't tucking to your body?

Your belt also looks very stiff and bulky for AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    You can put velcro over the "extra tuck" bump and use a pillow wedge like Mastermind.

Can you post a pic of the gun over an undershirt so we can say where it is and isn't tucking to your body?

Your belt also looks very stiff and bulky for AIWB.

It is really stiff, for carrying iwb at 4oclock it was really nice. Maybe not so much for aiwb.

I have the wedge pillow thing, but seems like it would be too much down there. This is pointing/riding right to the side of my Frank n beans

Site Supporter
    It is really stiff, for carrying iwb at 4oclock it was really nice. Maybe not so much for aiwb.

I have the wedge pillow thing, but seems like it would be too much down there. This is pointing/riding right to the side of my Frank n beans

Please forgive me if you already know this, but even though they can grab fabric, the DCC clips should go over the belt, especially with a 40 oz 1911 rather than a 24 oz Glock.

I have to shift he belt buckle to the left, kinda over the coin pocket on your jeans. That reduces the bulk in front. Might look a little weird if you wear your shirt tucked in tho. I usually go untucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Please forgive me if you already know this, but even though they can grab fabric, the DCC clips should go over the belt, especially with a 40 oz 1911 rather than a 24 oz Glock.
    No I did NOT know that. Thanks for telling me. lol.

Site Supporter
    No I did NOT know that. Thanks for telling me. lol.

Try the pillow wedge, clips over the belt, and shifting the buckle over to your off side.

If this is your first time trying AIWB, it takes a little experimentation, but once you get used to it, I know I'd never go back.

Many people find a slightly less stiff belt works better for them AIWB, but not everyone. I'd experiment with lots of other things before changing the belt.

This knob for the extra tuck is right in the way for the wedge I have. Im guessing I should have gotten it sans extra tuck.

I’ll try adjusting the clips, but right now the grip is fine, but the muzzle is diving right into me. I adjusted the clips to get it as high as I could.

Site Supporter
    This knob for the extra tuck is right in the way for the wedge I have. Im guessing I should have gotten it sans extra tuck.

I’ll try adjusting the clips, but right now the grip is fine, but the muzzle is diving right into me. I adjusted the clips to get it as high as I could.

Can you shift the gun over to the right, away from your party bits if that is the problem? I usually carry with the trigger guard clip just to the right (closer to my hip) of that first belt loop.

The extra tuck bump will not play well with a foam wedge but will be fine with a Mastermind pillow wedge (fabric bag with stuffing)

The extra tuck won’t play well with an unmodified wedge. The adjustable pillow will work with it. You can maybe take a knife to a normal wedge and relieve it in places.

That 1911 has a rather long grip and those pics seem like you have a rather slim waist…

Also as others have stated, a stiff belt is great for OWB or even traditional IWB, but something a bit more conforming works better for me when it comes to AIWB. You will need to tweak position around your waist and even experiment with different size claws.

User Tag List