Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PF official boat thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I miss CO and really hope I can move back there in 2025 but the lack of water is kind of a bummer. I'd be back in the Springs and have a buddy there with skis that goes to Pueblo Reservoir but I've never been and don't know how it compares to lakes here. I've wondered how many bodies of water there are that are worth driving several hours to get to.
    Perspective is a funny thing. I moved here from SoCal and remember being blown away by how much water there is. "Look, another lake--for no reason!" We are fortunate that we live near Horsetooth reservoir, which is large enough to not be cramped and has lots of coves to explore and anchor in, and the scenery is beautiful. There are several other lakes within easy reach (30-60 mins) and we've boated there, but we prefer Horsetooth for various reasons, so it works out. One of the pics is from either Lake Granby or Grand Lake, which are two very large high altitude lakes a couple of hours from me. We've only been up there once, but will definitley do it again. I haven't been down to Pueblo reservoir, or anywhere much south of Loveland.

All that being said, none of it has the scale of Lake of the Ozarks.

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    Perspective is a funny thing. I moved here from SoCal and remember being blown away by how much water there is. "Look, another lake--for no reason!" We are fortunate that we live near Horsetooth reservoir, which is large enough to not be cramped and has lots of coves to explore and anchor in, and the scenery is beautiful. There are several other lakes within easy reach (30-60 mins) and we've boated there, but we prefer Horsetooth for various reasons, so it works out. One of the pics is from either Lake Granby or Grand Lake, which are two very large high altitude lakes a couple of hours from me. We've only been up there once, but will definitley do it again. I haven't been down to Pueblo reservoir, or anywhere much south of Loveland.

All that being said, none of it has the scale of Lake of the Ozarks.
    Funny that you mention that, I’ll leave here in MAR-APR to spend about 14 months in Kansas. I’m going to be pretty busy but am hoping to make a weekend trip to the Ozarks with the ski while I’m there, and then hopefully will head back to CO after that.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Going by the old manual the manufacturer has posted on the www it is 18", but that is just for the hull, obviously the outboard trims up and down. Also that one has an adjustable transom jack plate, something typically done for performance (to lessen drag by setting the motor higher), they are also common to be adjustable on the fly, so it could be raised to decrease draft. Then the limit is water intake and some people plug some of the higher holes, typically in an effort to raise top speed, but it could apply.
    My personal "dream boat" for Florida rivers would be a Custom Gheenoe LT25 center console with poling platform and aftermarket folding top for the sun (this is based solely on youtube, seeing them on the rivers, the fact that they are a Florida company and that's about it!) and it's through said youtubing that I got familiar with the motorized jack plate people put on them to really take advantage of the "skinny water" they can get into, along with almost everyone seems to keep a pole on them, regardless of whether they add the polling platform or not.

If I ever got my dream house on a Florida river I'd want said Gheenoo for me and some kind of pontoon or other "fun" boat for groups/family.

and I even like the color!
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-02-2024 at 12:42 PM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    it's through said youtubing that I got familiar with the motorized jack plate people put on them to really take advantage of the "skinny water" they can get into
    There is sooooo much good stuff out there.

This guy is my favorite YouTube channel.
    He is provides very down to earth explanations to some simple, and some complex topics. I think his Born Again tag line isn't religious, I think it references all of the stuff he brings back from the dead. Much of it is technical, but if I have a question I go in hoping he has an answer. He has demystified several things that I was intimidated by, and am now ready to start some projects that involve cutting holes in my nice boat (trim tabs, yada).

Miami boat show is coming up in February.

It's like the Detroit auto show of boating... But with mega yachts, cigarette boats, EV boats, and everything you could imagine.

Not a great place to buy a boat... Unless you're commissioning a $10M yacht.

My personal "dream boat" for Florida rivers would be a Custom Gheenoe LT25 center console with poling platform and aftermarket folding top for the sun (this is based solely on youtube, seeing them on the rivers, the fact that they are a Florida company and that's about it!) and it's through said youtubing that I got familiar with the motorized jack plate people put on them to really take advantage of the "skinny water" they can get into, along with almost everyone seems to keep a pole on them, regardless of whether they add the polling platform or not.

If I ever got my dream house on a Florida river I'd want said Gheenoo for me and some kind of pontoon or other "fun" boat for groups/family.

and I even like the color!
    Below a certain size I'm more interested in something like this:
    https://sea-doo.brp.com/us/en/models...ro-trophy.html

The newer PWCs with extended decks are actually pretty versatile for 1-2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Below a certain size I'm more interested in something like this:
    https://sea-doo.brp.com/us/en/models...ro-trophy.html

The newer PWCs with extended decks are actually pretty versatile for 1-2 people.
    Yeah, I'm not.

Jet skis are like the road bikes or crotch rockets of the water.

Particularly on rivers.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I miss CO and really hope I can move back there in 2025 but the lack of water is kind of a bummer. I'd be back in the Springs and have a buddy there with skis that goes to Pueblo Reservoir but I've never been and don't know how it compares to lakes here. I've wondered how many bodies of water there are that are worth driving several hours to get to.
    Depends on what you are in to. For water sports, Pueblo, Jon Martin Reservoir. Maybe Adobe Creek or Meredith. Meredith is downhill from the Sugar City stock yard, so keep your mouth closed if you fall in. Lol. Cherry Creek and Chatfield are <60 miles from COS. I have never been there in the dead of summer to know if they are more crowded than Pueblo.

Fishing. Jon Martin, Adobe Creek, Pueblo, Spinney Mountain, Elevenmile, Antero, Lathrop (two lakes), Trinidad, Cherry Creek, Chatfield.

You can get to Lake McConaughy in 4.5 hours for a weekender.

Yeah, I'm not.

Jet skis are like the road bikes or crotch rockets of the water.

Particularly on rivers.
    I believe it's a requirement of FL citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I believe it's a requirement of FL citizenship.
    Then you're hanging out in the wrong parts or with the wrong people.

User Tag List