Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: College Footballl Thread

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Those were two great games.
    I like to follow the Washington and Oregon schools. It's a shame the Pac 12 is now the Pac 2, and the Big 10 will be the Borg 10.
    The Oregon-Washington games this year were terrific. UW has been remarkable in it's ability to win close games.

One other game of note from yesterday was the Oregon-Liberty game. Not a great game, but I thought Bo Nix and Bucky Irving showed a lot of class by playing one last game for their teammates rather than opting out.
    Oregon and Washington moving to the Big10 means better football. You’ll still get to watch those teams play each other, as well as teams like Michigan, OSU, etc. Looking at Michigan’s 2024 schedule makes my muscles sore - Texas, Oregon, Washington, Oregon, OSU…it’s brutal. Great to be a Wolverines fan though.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Ask Jalen Milroe and Kyle McCord if Michigan’s defense is over-rated.
    Darndest thing

I did, and they agreed with me.

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    Darndest thing

I did, and they agreed with me.

I’m sure you did. Michigan’s defense hit them so hard that it knocked half their teammates into transfer portal.

I’m sure you did. Michigan’s defense hit them so hard that it knocked half their teammates into transfer portal.
    Is it ok if I actually rolled my head back and laughed out loud?

Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    Haha!!!!

Michigan has a highly ranked defense. Statistically one of the best in the nation.

But play Iowa, East Carolina, Rutgers, Michigan State, and the like......some.of the worst offenses in the country....and you should be.

Excited to see how Penix and that receiving core do against that defense.

Going to be exciting.
    Ask Jalen Milroe and Kyle McCord if Michigan’s defense is over-rated.
    Michigan's defense is legitimately good, but in fairness, this was a down year for Big 10 quarterbacking. JJ McCarthy was the best quarterback in the Big 10, and it really wasn't close, and Michigan's defense only had to play him in practice.

I'm a Buckeye fan, but McCord transferred out, probably because he didn't get a guarantee that he'd start next year, and the two guys behind him combined for 10 of 23 for 106 yards in their bowl game against Missouri, so those two guys aren't world beaters. McCord ended up at Syracuse, and while I would have liked to have him back, and I'd expect him to be better next year, there weren't many schools beating down the door to get him to come to their place.

Remember, Michael Penix started at Indiana for a couple of years before transferring to Washington. There will be some familiarity between he and Michigan.

Looking forward to a great game.

Lots of friends and family went to Sugar Bowl and will be in Houston for the championship game.

Shit, my sister went to the game, then to the Bahamas before the game on Monday. I need her life!!!

Donavan Edwards hot early. He has two carries for 87 yards and two touchdowns. Michigan up 14 to 3 in the first quarter.

Good game, score doesn't reflect how close it was.

Harbaugh is still a douchebag

Punishing D kept the nation’s best offense to just 13 points and forced 2 interceptions.

Clean offense with no tunovers that racked up more rushing yards than Washington’s total yards. That’s a championship record.
    Last edited by Sensei; 01-08-2024 at 11:47 PM.

User Tag List