Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec Sub2000 Gen 3

Kel-Tec Sub2000 Gen 3

https://youtu.be/6EBvDxXmgJg?si=f2QTmiwqARt3dt7X

Looks like KelTec is feeling the heat from S&W copying their homework.
    Neat idea, but I'm curious how repeatable the zero is, and my confidence in what is undoubtedly an entirely polymer mechanism for achieving the twist to the side function is...low.

If Smith would make their FPC able to take Glock mags, my interest in a Sub2000 on any gen would evaporate.

I held off on a Gen 2 but if this update comes to fruition I could be tempted.

I like it. Sub2000s have been the most reliable PCCs I've seen at matches. (Of course with a heavy long trigger and janky stock they're not competitive with AR9s.)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If it works, they will sell a bunch. I still have an early one in .40 that I kept for places handguns were verboten. Boringly reliable.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The Gen2s have $100 rebates right now.

I have a Gen2… Terrible trigger, MLOk slots are out of shape, etc.

Kel-Tec Sub2000 Gen 3

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    I have a Gen2… Terrible trigger, MLOk slots are out of shape, etc.
    MCARBO… but zero issue with my forend.

In regard to the Gen 3… swapped some aluminum instead of polymer, removed irons, put a cut on the other side for lefty locking and made the forend rotate. Looks like KelTec is looking at the aftermarket for their improvements.

That being said, I’m good with my Gen 2. Only way I could see myself making the jump is LRBHO. Shy of that, my Gen 2 is squared away.

It's an imporvement for sure but now the optic is sticking off the side when folded. Maybe they should have put a push pin in the hinge and made it a takedown?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    That looks good to me.

My Gen 2 has been great. I did have some concerns straight from the box, but addressed them with MCARBO parts. To be fair, the factory parts worked, but upgrading them to MCARBO parts made a huge difference in trigger pull and overall confidence in the system.

I think the Gen 3 guns will be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    It's an imporvement for sure but now the optic is sticking off the side when folded.
    Not ideal but still thinner than FPC.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    If Smith would make their FPC able to take Glock mags, my interest in a Sub2000 on any gen would evaporate.
    A whole new lower chassis for FPC is technically possible aftermarket, but the cost is too high and makes no business sense unfortunately. And I doubt S&W would make one either.

User Tag List